Steep Driveway Issue....

Hey

I'm in the process of looking for a NSX.. Doing the research etc. Hopefully, I'll be ready to get one in the next month or so... I have a question.... My driveway has a very steep decline out of the garage and I was wondering if I may have scraping issues with the car. I guess it would depend on if the car is lowered(which it will be if it's not when I get it). Have any of you experienced a scraping issue in and out of your driveway... If so, solutions???

Thanks!!

Driver5 said:
Hey

I'm in the process of looking for a NSX.. Doing the research etc. Hopefully, I'll be ready to get one in the next month or so... I have a question.... My driveway has a very steep decline out of the garage and I was wondering if I may have scraping issues with the car. I guess it would depend on if the car is lowered(which it will be if it's not when I get it). Have any of you experienced a scraping issue in and out of your driveway... If so, solutions???

Thanks!!

I had mine redone to accomadate my car. It wasnt terribly expensive and well worth it.

I got my chin spoiler replaced or repainted every 6 months, back when it was my daily driver. There was another post of owners adding wood or concrete to the dip part of their driveways to help this problem.

When house shopping last year we had to ignore certain houses just because of the steep drives. Good luck

BTY- backing in about rips my front spoiler off - don't recommend!

Familiarize yourself with the SEARCH function on the red toolbar - this question been asked & discussed many times. You'll find the answers there.
Here's the result from Steep AND driveway - you'll still need to filter down but will find a number of threads with this discussion topic.

FeetFxr said:
BTY- backing in about rips my front spoiler off - don't recommend!

Funny you say that, that technique seems to work better for me.:confused:

Sometimes I will back in at an angle and then cut the wheel drastically and that seems to work fairly well.

I absolutely CAN'T back into my garage. I wouldn't have a front end left if I did.
I have to come at my driveway at a pretty drastic angle just to make it in and my car isn't lowered at all.

I had my Integra Type-R lowered 1'' and the difference between the front bumper and my driveway was about the thickness of a sheet of paper. With my stock NSX, I have maybe 1 finger gap, assuming I come in at the right angle. It will scrape at the wrong angle.

I still may have my driveway regraded though. I was quoted $1500 to have it lowered 8''.

Back