Staying in Hawaii for two weeks

I'll be staying at Waikiki on jan 21 up to the 28th then on the big island jan 28 to feb 04...would like to know if any of the local NSXers would like to meet up..or if theres a event I could attend...Thanks!! :smile:

Hi chris and Sugoi,

Thanks for the kind offer to meet up..unfortunately I got this terrible flu since yesterday so I'm here stucked in the hotel...Id probably get better in a day or two...
It's my first time here and it's so beautiful..almost like paradise..what a timing to get sick..darn :mad:

Regards,
Henry

Also Im staying at the Hilton Hawaian Village and I chance upon a black NSX pulling out of the parking structure with plate number "DEUCE"...what an awesome sight...I actually remember your name DEUCE from the boards and was trying to catch up but you turned right..anyways..took some pictures... :smile:

jagtiger said:
Also Im staying at the Hilton Hawaian Village and I chance upon a black NSX pulling out of the parking structure with plate number "DEUCE"...what an awesome sight...I actually remember your name DEUCE from the boards and was trying to catch up but you turned right..anyways..took some pictures... :smile:

Did this black NSX happen to have SSR GT3 rims on? Ironically, that owner with the Deuce plates goes by DueceB here on the furms which is different from the other local owner who went by Deuce who used to own a white NSX. I just sold my GT3 rims to the owner of the black NSX yesturday :wink:

Chris,

Sorry for the late reply. Yes It has the ssr gt3 rims on it. Nice set up! Thanks
again for the offer to meet up..but unfortunately I didnt get well until my second day in KONA...it was awesome..I had the chance to see actual whales at Hapuna beach and swim with the dolphins at Kealakeha bay...nothing like it...

Were planning of going back next year so hopefully we can plan something ahead of time... :smile:

Also, Hawaii has the best roads ever ..not a single pothole on my entire trip...AWESOME....

Mahalo!

ChrisK said:
Did this black NSX happen to have SSR GT3 rims on? Ironically, that owner with the Deuce plates goes by DueceB here on the furms which is different from the other local owner who went by Deuce who used to own a white NSX. I just sold my GT3 rims to the owner of the black NSX yesturday :wink:

jagtiger said:
Also, Hawaii has the best roads ever ..not a single pothole on my entire trip...AWESOME....

Mahalo!

Try taking the shortcut from Kona to Hilo up thru the mountain range!! If your on Maui, take the road (backside) from Hana!!! Thats where all the potholes reside!!!

I'm actually referring to the regular streets and not the (rough) back roads..I've actually driven on about 20 miles of really rough roads on the way to an ATV trail pass those giant white mitsubishi fans.I didnt consider it as a regular street but as a back road due thats theres hardly any people that actually live there..

We were actually supposed to take the shorcut to Hilo from Kona route that you were referring but there was a warning on the visitor's map that cars are not permitted on those roads and my rental car contract specifically doesnt allow driving on such routes. So I guess it's not a normal route or maybe one that you would consider as a regular typical street.

NemesisX said:
Try taking the shortcut from Kona to Hilo up thru the mountain range!! If your on Maui, take the road (backside) from Hana!!! Thats where all the potholes reside!!!

8153big_island_1_010-med.jpg

ENJOY! :wink:

Last edited:
Thanks for the pic Jagtiger!!! MEMORIES!!!
We were in Kona/Maui/Waikiki last September!!! Stayed at the same place you did...Hawaiian Hilton!! I would have told you to go next door to the Ilikai and get the Mango stuffed raspberry french toast!!! Devilishly delightful!!

Back