Starting a Business

Saw this topic on Ferrarichat and, since I'd just been discussing this recently, I thought I would post here to see what responses I get.
A buddy and I just took a trip to check on his investment in a small service company in the bio-tech industry. We had a lot of time in the car to talk so, naturally, we talked about ways to supplement our incomes by starting a small business.
What sort of business would you start? I'm not looking to buy myself a job and not looking to make a huge investment in a franchise, just something that could start small and build into something worthwhile.

------------------
Andrew Henderson
The NSX Model List Page

"We have long acknowledged that enthusiasm for things automotive is a sure
sign of emotional instability if not outright dementia"
- Brock Yates

Originally posted by lemansnsx:

What sort of business would you start? I'm not looking to buy myself a job and not looking to make a huge investment in a franchise, just something that could start small and build into something worthwhile.

Personally, I am very interested in opening up a restaurant. I don't have much capital (since I just bought an NSX ;-P)saved up, but if anyone here has had experience in doing so I would love any tips. I plan on opening into a niche market with TONS of traffic, so I know it will be a money maker.

Anyone who is in the restaurant business who can comment on my endevour and anything else would be greatly appreciated.

Back