Star wars dvd set.

As i have to wait for a week after its release (shipment to Japan). Anyone planning to get it/have it already? Opinions, expectations met etc? I've also heard they played part of documentary on free to air tv in America last weekend. Anyone see it?

Geek mode off :)

I saw the special last week on A&E. Most of it was rather interesting. Seeing Cindy Williams (from Laverne & Shirley days) reading for the Leia part was amusing. :)

The DVD won't be released in the U.S. until Tuesday.

(Geek mode always on.) :D

Geek mode always on.)

Ah with that avatar i'm not surprised! :)

So i guess you'll be looking into the Star Wars: Battlefront Game? It looks awesome, with quite a few positive reactions towards it. Next week cannot come fast enough :cool:

Battlefront does look good. Too bad i have Fable/Burnout 3/Rome: Total War to worry about for this month :eek:
On a slightly MORE geeky subject, i heard they changed the Han/Greedo scene so that they shoot at the same time (hooray!)
Oh, and the glowy jedi version of Anakin is now Hayden's face.

paladin said:
On a slightly MORE geeky subject, i heard they changed the Han/Greedo scene so that they shoot at the same time (hooray!)
Oh, and the glowy jedi version of Anakin is now Hayden's face.
I heard about those changes too. My opinions.......he should never have changed it from Han firing first as originally filmed. Making either of the "fixes" doesn't change my attitude toward Solo anyways, and the first attempt with Greedo shooting first was so bad, it was ludicrous.

As for changing Anakin at the end of ROTJ to Hayden's face, why would they not change Kenobi's face to Ewan McGregor's face while they're at it? :rolleyes: You can't really use the argument that when Anakin/Hayden turns to the Dark Side, he "dies", so use that image of Anakin. The way I see it, when Vader dumps the Emperor, he "returns" from the Dark Side, and dies as Anakin in the image of that crusty old dude.

Geez, Lucas can be such an idiot at times.

FuryNSX said:
I heard about those changes too. My opinions.......he should never have changed it from Han firing first as originally filmed. Making either of the "fixes" doesn't change my attitude toward Solo anyways, and the first attempt with Greedo shooting first was so bad, it was ludicrous.

As for changing Anakin at the end of ROTJ to Hayden's face, why would they not change Kenobi's face to Ewan McGregor's face while they're at it? :rolleyes: You can't really use the argument that when Anakin/Hayden turns to the Dark Side, he "dies", so use that image of Anakin. The way I see it, when Vader dumps the Emperor, he "returns" from the Dark Side, and dies as Anakin in the image of that crusty old dude.

Geez, Lucas can be such an idiot at times.

I totally agree with you dude, i dont see why they would change it except to say that its different so more people will buy the dvds. Of course im gonna buy them
:D .

theres really 2 different sides here.
1: These movies are all Lucas', and its his right to do what he want. When he originally made the movies his technology was limited, and now he can do it the way he originally wanted. The whole Han shot 2nd was purposefully made to make Han a good guy rather than murderer.
2: These movies no longer are lucas', but belong to everyone who remembers them the way they originally were. Its more than just some guys movie now. These movies mean alot to alot of people, and who alone thinks they have the right to "edit" it?
I think South Park hit the nail on the head. Pretty soon every gun will be a Walkie Talkey, and all the great movies will have been edited away to nothing

Back