Star Trek Episode for Super Nerds

I am NOT a treky fan, so when this was emailed to me I laughed (no offense intended to those of you who watch Star trek). While some of the work is very clever, why would they go to this much trouble and expense?

<I>Star Trek DS9 episode "Trials and Tribble-ations". We didn't realise it at the time but the episode incorporated much original footage from Star Trek episode "The Trouble with Tribbles". The digital overlap and editing was brilliantly handled, even though over 29 years have passed between the two films! I later found this technical essay website that discusses and analyses the work in more detail.</I>

<B> http://www.skotophile.com/StarTrek/index.html </B>

Back to the 21st century for me.... :D

Hey Neo,

Great find... Nearly as great as the original series posters I found of Kirk and Spock which now adorn my living room... :biggrin:

I watched that episode and had no idea of the work that went into it! :eek: I don't usually like to get onto the Trekkies websites... I wouldn't like to find out that Star Trek is actually a fictional TV series and not a portal to our very real future which appears on my TV once a week! :biggrin:

Live long and prosper...... :smile:

LOL...please tell me Mike you aren't a real star trek nerd... please... please... please.... :D :D :D

Here's a test for you... fill in the blank space: "NCC-______" :D

NeoNSX said:
LOL...please tell me Mike you aren't a real star trek nerd... please... please... please.... :D :D :D
Ok... I wont tell you then!

NeoNSX said:
Here's a test for you... fill in the blank space: "NCC-______" :D

1701... Thats the $100 question isn't it? :biggrin:

AU_NSX said:
Ok... I wont tell you then!

1701... Thats the $100 question isn't it? :biggrin:

1701-A, 1701-B, 1701-C, 1701-D, or 1701-E?!?

Yes, I am a nerd.

Both AU_NSX and Sean Williams are correct. (I can be just as much a nerd as the rest of you.) :)

So, which classes of ships does each Enterprise belong to?

1.) NCC-1701
2.) NCC-1701A
3.) NCC-1701B
4.) NCC-1701C
5.) NCC-1701D
6.) NCC-1701E

(This shouldn't be too difficult.) :)

FuryNSX said:
Both AU_NSX and Sean Williams are correct. (I can be just as much a nerd as the rest of you.) :)

1.) NCC-1701
2.) NCC-1701A
3.) NCC-1701B
4.) NCC-1701C
5.) NCC-1701D
6.) NCC-1701E

1.) Constitution
2.) Not sure but I think it's the same
3.) Excelsior (not sure about spelling)
4.) Don't Know
5.) Galaxy
6.) Sovereign

Geeks! Rise up and be counted!

FuryNSX said:

1.) NCC-1701
2.) NCC-1701A
3.) NCC-1701B
4.) NCC-1701C
5.) NCC-1701D
6.) NCC-1701E

1.) ?
2.) Constitution Class
3.) Excelsior Class
4.) Ambassador Class
5.) Galaxy Class
6.) Sovereign

NCC-1701D said:
there is also a NCC-1701 J

I believe you, since anyone with a name like "NCC-1701D", HAS to have credibility in this area!

BTW - I don't remember a 1701 designation without an alphabetical character.

NCC-1701 (without letter) was the one seen in TOS and in the first 3 movies
NCC-1701A was the one seen in movies(4th, 5th, 6th)

NCC-1701J was seen in an episode of Enterprise

ok all you fellow nerds.. :rolleyes:

what series (if any) will follow the now failed Enterprise. :confused:

and what is the next movie :confused:

Oh no... the nerdyness that's been hiding on this forum for so long... it's only now coming out! :D It's terrifying! :D :D :D

03 raw nsx said:
what series (if any) will follow the now failed Enterprise. :confused:

Star Trek: The Last Generation :D

03 raw nsx said:
and what is the next movie :confused:

Star Trek: Last Contact. :D

(ps. i had to do a google search to remember the names of those films! :D )

NCC-1701D said:
NCC-1701 (without letter) was the one seen in TOS and in the first 3 movies
NCC-1701A was the one seen in movies(4th, 5th, 6th)
Bingo!!! 1701A was a new ship built after the destruction of the retrofitted 1701 model seen in the first three movies.

So, yes, it was a trick question. 1.) and 2.) are Constitution class. Just wanted to see if anyone would catch that. :)

Arrrh, I love the trek series. Enterprise is about to stop filming this year I think so I hope theres going to be a new series commin...jeez I will surely mis T'pol.

Oh well...

May the force be with u

The Klingon Question

Hey, All -

Your tribbles thread sparked some thoughts. If you remember this show (I vaguely do), there was a portion where someone asked Worf why the Klingons in the original series looked completely different now. His response was something like, "we [Klingons] prefer not to talk about it".

Now, I caught Enterprise the last week or so ago. And the Klingons were working on their version of genetically enhanced Klingons (like Khan). They didn't succeed really and a "cure" was given to the many, many Klingons that were affected by their attempts. The end result is that they looked relatively human, and lost the cranial bumps and some other harsher features.

You think this is the long-awaited explanation for why the difference between old and new? They didn't reference the "old vs. new" but it occurred to me they might also be trying to work out continuity issues behind the scenes.

Just a thought.

Eggman
aka Nerd-of-the-moment

Back