• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Stand Alone Engine Management for 95-2005 nsx

I have had a obd2 system on the market for years now. It is made using the renown AEM EMS standalone ecu. The way the system works is the stock computer will stay in place to run the drive by wire throttle body and the rest of the car functions "dash abs p/s ect" while the AEM EMS runs the engine. The system does not work like traditional piggyback computers like the FIC or HKS fcon, The AEM EMS drives the fuel injectors and igntion coils directly. You do not have to worry about the stock computer fighting with you on the tuning and potentially harming your engine due to erratic air fuel ratios. This system tunes identically as the obd1 AEM EMS does

I have now made advancements since the first the release of my system back in 04 I now have version two MSL engine Management. Changes from version 1 to version 2 are:

Factory like idle control. Now have cars that run 1000cc injectors with light weight flywheels
new voltage clamp for map to help with high boost applications
The option to run a series 2 AEM EMS
Support for automatic OBD1 Automatic nsx's. obd2 automatic trans support coming soon

here is an article that I did in honda tuning magazine back in 2006
11309hondatunning.jpg

here are some picture of it installed in a98 nsx
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

I am now supporting the option on which AEM system you want. I can either supply you with a series one AEM ecu or a SERIES TWO AEM ECU. Both are going to tune your car identical it is really tuner preference. Some people still like to use the series one boxes because they are tried and true. And some tuners are wanting the series two boxes. I personally still like the series one boxes because they have been flawless for years, where as the series two boxes are still evolving.

OBD1 automatics are now supported as well using this similar system.

Systems are in stock

MSL ENGINE MANAGEMENT version 2 system includes:
1. Plug and Play adapter harness. no cutting of any wires

1. AEM EMS that has been modified to work in conjunction with the stock computer

1. Base calibration that has been tuned by me for a 97 nsx with headers+exhaust. calibration makes 15whp over stock.

list Price $2495
I am currently running a special on these systems for $1950+shipping

Last edited:
Would this system work for controlling the throttle by wire, if one was running individual throttle bodies? Also my car is 2000 with stock headers and ARK DTx exhaust so would I need a different tune, and where could I get one done?

This system was made for using the stock throttle by wire throttle body. If you are using individual throttles you will have to add a throttle cable to the car. What is nice is that if you do end up running a throttle cable this system will still work for you because all of the necessary wiring changes have been made to run a stand alone ecu. You will simply be activating the throttle body's manually with a cable instead of the stock ecu operating the Drive by wire

Is there any way to display the ECU's data on a display?

Yes you have two popular options on is AEMs serial data stream guagehttp://www.aemelectronics.com/gauges-26/serial-datastream-gauge-33/

The other is AIM SPORTS DIGITAL my personal favorite. these mount very nice in the factory nav pod that goes on top of center vent in the car.http://www.aimsports.com/products/mxl-chooser.html

everything that the AEM EMS sees can be outputted to either one of these units. EXP:water temp,air temp,rpm, boost press, vehicle speed ect

I have a DashDaq running in my car and love it, you can do just about anything with it, I am running in a '04 using it to combine data from OBDII and two zeitronixs ZT-2 wideband and anaolg sensors, as well as GPS data into one single log. Log files can be saved in a bunch of different formats and are stored on a SD card for hours if not days worth of data storage.

There are a few pics of my dash pod in this thread, someday I will do a detailed write up with better pictures but I do like the way everything turned out. If you have a standalone AEM ECU, the Dashdaq will connect via the serial port to be able to monitor the 26 data streams from the ECU, they can then be combined with any other data source into a single log file in real time. It is a great tuning tool, at least for me it is.

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1407351&postcount=7

Dave

Back