Squeaky clutch

Test drove a 91' tonight with a friend who has owned a 92' and a 94'.
This was my first time driving an NSX. Car's clutch only had 7k on it and was 2 years old. Owner stated that he replaced it at the dealer with a clutch kit.
The clutch pedal seemed stiff and rigid to me. Didn't feel smooth to me at all. Is this normal? My friend said that the squeaking could be from lack of driving the car in general(owner only drives once a week, if that). Also said it could be from a rusty clutch cable or a bearing may need to be lubed.
Any ideas? Thanks.

Paul91 said:
Test drove a 91' tonight with a friend who has owned a 92' and a 94'.
This was my first time driving an NSX. Car's clutch only had 7k on it and was 2 years old. Owner stated that he replaced it at the dealer with a clutch kit.
The clutch pedal seemed stiff and rigid to me. Didn't feel smooth to me at all. Is this normal? My friend said that the squeaking could be from lack of driving the car in general(owner only drives once a week, if that). Also said it could be from a rusty clutch cable or a bearing may need to be lubed.
Any ideas? Thanks.

My guess would be the clutch master cylinder or slave cylinder. I changed my clutch m/c and it fixed the squeak.

BTW, the NSX has no clutch cable. It's all hydraulic.

If the clutch feels ratchety, I had the same problem when I bought mine and it was the throwout bearing. I would try to negotiate about 2k off for a clutch replacement or have him fix it before you buy it.

Rob

Back