Springs that lower at most 1"?

Billstein shocks and keep the stock springs

S-TO-8K said:
Billstein shocks and keep the stock springs
yup that's the best option

I tried Bilsteins on the lower perch with Comptech Sport Springs. Now the car is out of alignment and I wore out a set of rear tires. The springs may have sagged - not sure - and alignment specs cannot be met. I would suggest that you go with Bilsteins and the stock springs.

Anyone have trouble with Comtech Sport Springs?

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Performance/suspension.htm

If you read down about 1/2 way there is info on the 1" drop.
I would upgrade to a progressive rate spring if your going to go through the trouble. The normal ride feel is almost unchanged, but you will notice the benefit of the 30% stiffer progressive spring rate resulting in flatter cornering.:biggrin:
And since your there, you might as well install new shocks.
Its probably time.
Zanardi springs will lower 3/4" as I recall, but the spring rate may be deemed too stiff for some during normal driving.

Last edited:
kreh said:
I tried Bilsteins on the lower perch with Comptech Sport Springs. Now the car is out of alignment and I wore out a set of rear tires. The springs may have sagged - not sure - and alignment specs cannot be met. I would suggest that you go with Bilsteins and the stock springs.

Anyone have trouble with Comtech Sport Springs?

Your problem is that the Comptech springs lower the car about an inch by them selves. Then you set the Bilsteins on the lower perch which dropped it another 3/4" to 1" more. Your car must sit extra low with too much negative camber? This is causing your accelerated tire wear. Raise the perch to the stock setting and get another alignment. You should get much better tire life then.

joove said:
I believe the Zanardi springs also lower the car in that range. I have the Z springs with konis. And the drop is around .75 inches.

-vamsi

Yep, I am second that-you never go wrong with Konis and a bit lower springs.

Back