• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Spring Time = NSX Time!

6 March 2009 - IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR!

I am so excited about the sudden warmer weather in Cincinnati. You lucky folks in warm-weather places just don't know how ugly winter can be.

My NSX lives during the winter in my extra garage, which is a free-standing 2-car utility house on the back section of my property. There is no driveway, so you have to use the 'dukes of hazzard' technique of driving over grass (can you imagine?) to get to actual pavement. When it is cool and rainy, the NSX is land-locked back there until either 1. the ground is frozen solid or 2. warmth & sunshine dry out the yard.

During the winter I do start the motor each week or two and sit in the driver's seat watching the oil temperature rise while dreaming of decent weather and salt-free roads...

So after I got home last evening, where the temperature was close to 60 (it has been 20s and 30s at best for quite a while) and a strong wind had dried out my lawn, I was able to rescue my NSX and return it to road life!

What a great drive I enjoyed last evening (after rechecking my fluids and air pressure)! I enjoyed it so much I had to drive it to work today. Which already has me thinking about a drive instead of lunch and getting out of the office early to take an extended cruise through the country-side to get home.

It just felt soooo good to drive my NSX again. I love this car! :biggrin:

Hi Big D,

Actually I just did and have a quote to get it done ... so I won't have the same grass problem next winter ... but i will have the same cold weather and salty roads!

Yep, know what you are talking about. Lived in Pittsburgh. Moved to Florida in the mid 1980's. Winters can make you go nuts. We are somewhat spoiled in Florida, as you can take your car out almost anytime during the year..................:smile:

You guys don't know salt and cold until you spend a winter in Minneapolis.

My car is off the road (at minimum) from 11/1 to 5/1. Do the math. Thats more than half the year!!! :mad:

Good news is I can only put so many miles on it!

Hi Big D,

Actually I just did and have a quote to get it done ... so I won't have the same grass problem next winter ... but i will have the same cold weather and salty roads!

That looked like a good solution, my friend had this installed too. Hopefully it won't be too expensive.

Yes, I feel for you owners out there in could country. I grew up in Iowa and know what you mean. Winters are very tough on vehicles. Luckily my parents moved to So Cal in the mid 70's so I have been fortunate to be able stay here since then.

Enjoy!

Maybe it can be said that you actually appreciate your NSX even more when you are limited to driving it because of the long winters.:wink:

YES! Spring is around the corner but don't forget to look out for the potholes, they are all over the road.

Just back from the lunch cruise on the back roads of Batavia, Ohio (east of Cincinnati).

Not much sun but it is warm...

Great day to drive an NSX!

Attachments

• 3_6_2009_drive_elklick_rd_batavia.jpg
    3_6_2009_drive_elklick_rd_batavia.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 89
Yep, I live in Sidney about 40 miles North of Dayton, warm weather PLEASE stick around. Spring means cars and baseball... Go Reds!!!!!

.. and I thought not being able to drive my NSX this week until today sucked because it has been raining and snowing. Waiting months would probably kill me. It is really sunny here today (but cold), and I'm hoping it is nice enough tomorrow that I can finally paint my calipers. :cool:

hey kyky,

agreed! go Reds! I'm actually looking forward to this year (for a change). I was born in Troy - you live in a nice town. Your NSX looks like it should be on GT4 (when does GT5 come out?)! Don't hurt your little bros feeling too much by blasting past his S2K!

Last edited:
Just back from the lunch cruise on the back roads of Batavia, Ohio (east of Cincinnati).

Not much sun but it is warm...

Great day to drive an NSX!

222 north of 32 was always my favorite run. But that was 10 years ago.

I live in the land of gravel and potholes:eek: I cannot get my car out until mid June...our potholes are massive and the assholes in power do very little more than filling the pieces of crap until June comes around - then its new roads everywhere :smile: OSU had a great point though...the more your car sits - the less miles you put on her...and my 91 had 100,000 miles on her when I bought her...she now has 105,000...lol...not much after 2 years of ownership. Be safe out there when you bring your beasts out:redface:

Dam:cool:

My car is off the road (at minimum) from 11/1 to 5/1. Do the math. Thats more than half the year!!! :mad:

Same here in Edmonton.
I haven't seen the pavement out front of my house since November. Just a ice flow. We get accustomed to driving on snow and ice.

My car won't come out of the garage until May. MY '91 has 33k miles on it. The '02 S2000 has 21k miles on it.

222 north of 32 was always my favorite run. But that was 10 years ago.

Hey osugrad,

I was on 222, but South of sr32 going toward sr125 (beechmont). Both sides of 222 are enjoyable still today - with the side I was on having three 90 degree corners and lots of twisties within about 5 miles...

Love that area! Wish I live there now!

hey kyky,

agreed! go Reds! I'm actually looking forward to this year (for a change). I was born in Troy - you live in a nice town. Your NSX looks like it should be on GT4 (when does GT5 come out?)! Don't hurt your little bros feeling too much by blasting past his S2K!

Yeah, the Reds don't have as much power, but they have a lot more SPEED!!!...Should be fun to watch. I was in Cincy Saturday and went to GABP's Reds team shop by Majestic. Awesome stadium, plus you can't beat 75 degree weather. I do like Sidney, but the roads are full of potholes now after the winter. My brother read this thread and you now have him talking supercharger...thanks a lot:smile:. Sibling rivalries are the greatest. Enjoy the weather and the car.

Yep, not much different for me either. Doesn't help matters any when snow is still in the forecast:mad:. Just have to take every opportunity to drive it when the time comes.

This past weekend some folks around here took advantage of the beautiful spring weather.

486894740_psgdm-L.jpg

3340509746_96a985051c_b.jpg

http://forums.s2kca.com/showthread.php?t=29007&page=7

Sweet HEY SUESS!!!

Do you have snow tires???

Back