spotted black pre 02 on clearview expressway

I was driving on the clearview expressway at around 12:30 am in my beater white on white accord coupe when I see a black pre 02 nsx zoom by me. He ended up merging on the GCP west and got off at queens blvd exit. Can't tell any other details since it was so dark and the car was black. It definitely was not Bailey's car since it has stock body panels and the wheels were silver, but it definitely has HID's and a exhaust. Is this anyone here?

I was driving on the clearview expressway at around 12:30 am in my beater white on white accord coupe when I see a black pre 02 nsx zoom by me. He ended up merging on the GCP west and got off at queens blvd exit. Can't tell any other details since it was so dark and the car was black. It definitely was not Bailey's car since it has stock body panels and the wheels were silver, but it definitely has HID's and a exhaust. Is this anyone here?

I suspect it was actually an 02. Um, how did the exhaust sound? :biggrin:

Sounded mellow and bassy kinda like a Comptech unit. I was trying to figure out if it was a 02 or not but it zoomed by me so fast I didn't have enough time to see how the rear blinkers look.

If its yours, it definitely looks bad ass, I have never seen how a NSX's rear looks a night from another driver's point of view. The little "horn" looking reflectors really adds character to the tail lights. You don't notice it when its just parked without any light shining on it. Also I am so glad that our usdm tail lights don't light up like the european taillights because they are FFFUUGGLLy

Sounded mellow and bassy kinda like a Comptech unit.

Yeah, the exhaust has a mellow, bassy note low to mid. I need to get a vid of it at WOT, max revs somehow.

I was trying to figure out if it was a 02 or not but it zoomed by me so fast I didn't have enough time to see how the rear blinkers look.

Hehe, sry, didn't mean to blow by you like that. I was just doing some late night runs to get a reference for the car. This way, when I put the STMPO FCB in today I had a good feel for the differences.

If its yours, it definitely looks bad ass, I have never seen how a NSX's rear looks a night from another driver's point of view. The little "horn" looking reflectors really adds character to the tail lights. You don't notice it when its just parked without any light shining on it. Also I am so glad that our usdm tail lights don't light up like the european taillights because they are FFFUUGGLLy

Thanks! Thats an interesting note about the tailights. I have never seen how the NSX rear looks at night either. At least while driving. =( It's such a pretty car, I need to start going to meets so I can see them in action from an outside perspective.

There is a autocross event coming up in september 19th with the new york metro porsche club of america. Its on a sunday morning and me and tytus are definitely going to be there ( weather permitting ). You should come check it out.

What kind of exhaust do you have by the way?

Last edited:
There is a autocross event coming up in september 19th with the new york metro porsche club of america. Its on a sunday morning and me and tytus are definitely going to be there ( weather permitting ). You should come check it out.

What kind of exhaust do you have by the way?

I've read the thread about this autocross. I'm seriously considering going.

exhaust = Tubi

It was a tubi huh? It normally sounds very very raspy in the lower rpms. Yours definitely sounds different from bailey's. I wonder if he has headers or not. The equal length exhaust manifold does smooth out the sounds down low.

We should meet up one day since I also live in queens and I go to bayside quit often ( I'm assuming you live around there ) I want to check out your car if you don't mind. Also sometimes the rest of the guys meet up on sunday mornings for dimsum.

We should meet up one day since I also live in queens and I go to bayside quit often ( I'm assuming you live around there ) I want to check out your car if you don't mind. Also sometimes the rest of the guys meet up on sunday mornings for dimsum.

Agreed! I am 90% sure I'm going to go to the autocross event. I should have my car back by then after all the work is done to her.

What else are you planning to do?

You really wanna know?

Well, I just installed the STMPO FCB yesterday, we were talking about the Dali one on another thread. I kinda want to know which one is better.

I am gonna dyno my car today, install the DF intake, then dyno again.

Then my car heads off to Vince's Auto Body to install and paint the NSX-R conversion, CF everything, with DF G2 front lip and Stacy's skirts.

Then my car heads off to Larry B's to have the full non-compliance suspension installed along with ceramic coated headers.

Then, it heads off to a car audio place (haven't figured out where yet) to install a Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT and Ravi's CF door bezels and center stack console.

I think that's it. :biggrin:

Damn, you have some very grand plans do you intend to keep the vehicle black or are you going to do the white nsx r? It would also be sick if you were able to paint the inside of the headlights white to match the type car.

You really wanna know?

Well, I just installed the STMPO FCB yesterday, we were talking about the Dali one on another thread. I kinda want to know which one is better.

I am gonna dyno my car today, install the DF intake, then dyno again.

Then my car heads off to Vince's Auto Body to install and paint the NSX-R conversion, CF everything, with DF G2 front lip and Stacy's skirts.

Then my car heads off to Larry B's to have the full non-compliance suspension installed along with ceramic coated headers.

Then, it heads off to a car audio place (haven't figured out where yet) to install a Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT and Ravi's CF door bezels and center stack console.

I think that's it. :biggrin:

What is an STMPO FCB?

Last edited:
What is an STMPO FCB?

http://www.stmpo.com/product.php?productid=16135&cat=250&page=1

I feel its really necessary to bolt on if you have a targa NSX. And if you have a coupe, it just makes the chassis more stiff which is always a good thing. Well worth the money.

Damn, you have some very grand plans do you intend to keep the vehicle black or are you going to do the white nsx r? It would also be sick if you were able to paint the inside of the headlights white to match the type car.

Nah, no major repainting, I am going to keep the car black. Pretty much just bolt on stuff. I did forget: wheels incoming, Bilsteins, and Brembos.

Not really grand plans, many Primers have already done their cars up with these mods. I haven't even said "turbo" or supercharge". lol

Last edited:
Its grand for the amount of time that you have owned the vehicle because it appears that you are doing almost everything at once. However looking at the nsx build sub forums, you appear to have this car for a while now. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Its grand for the amount of time that you have owned the vehicle because it appears that you are doing almost everything at once. However looking at the nsx build sub forums, you appear to have this car for a while now.

Yeah, I'm into my 6th year of ownership, its been strictly stock this whole time. But after reading Prime, I feel like I have to catch up!

Can't wait to see the finished product.

Yeah, me too. :biggrin:

Last edited:

http://www.stmpo.com/product.php?productid=16135&cat=250&page=1

I feel its really necessary to bolt on if you have a targa NSX. And if you have a coupe, it just makes the chassis more stiff which is always a good thing. Well worth the money.

It appears to serve the same function as the NSX-R bars I installed when I first got my car. I like the NSX-R bars as they are a JDM part designed by Honda for the car and they are made of Aluminum, no chance of corosive action between steel and aluminum. I would make sure that there is something isolating the steel from the aluminum besides paint, the only problem is then you might lose some rigidity.

They did make a difference especially with the T-top not torquing as much during high load cornering. But the NSX-R bars are 2 bars, one high and one low and I would think they would provide more rigidity than this single bar, think of it as holding something high and low with 4 hands instead of 2.

Good luck on your project sounds great, hope you get it finished in time to bring it to the Autocross on September 19th.

Tytus

Back