Sport Compact Car

Have you guys seen this issue of Sport Compact Car Magazine? It featured a 92 NSX with bolt ons (261 WHP) vs 3000GT VR4 (581HP), 300ZXTT (567HP), Toyota Supra (554 HP) etc..

Interesting old school shootout as the puny NSX posted faster lap times against the old school Turbo Rwd @ Willow Springs :cool: I thought id post it for the ones who has not seen it.
DSCF0702.jpg

I wonder if the owner of the NSX is here on NSXPrime? Should I presume this is the March issue of Sport Compact Car?

Mike

Is it me or is the NSX getting serious press time lately?
A lot of covers, exposes, ect..
It's a good thing sort of... Expect even more attention from the Teenage crowds....:(
Also hope to see those prices start to rise...
You Zanardi guys better hold on to them...;)

len3.8 said:
It's a good thing sort of... Expect even more attention from the Teenage crowds....:(

Ive noticed alot of press time as of recent as well and I like it! Maybe more people wont confuse my car with a Corvette any more:biggrin:

spartan2-3 said:
Have you guys seen this issue of Sport Compact Car Magazine? It featured a 92 NSX with bolt ons (261 WHP) vs 3000GT VR4 (581HP), 300ZXTT (567HP), Toyota Supra (554 HP) etc..
SCC contacted me about doing a feature based on my 2002 Type-R conversion. I told them let me get a little more juice into the car, before they test it against 500hp cars!

Willow Springs is a pretty serious horse power track. I'm suprised it beat any of those cars. Too bad none of the FI guys could make it out, however it is nice to see that someone filled the NSX spot... sounds like did a good job driving.

Glad to see the NSX get some more press also, but the cars they put it up against were far more modified, didn't seem like a very fair comparison.

I skimmed it and didn't see much of a point of the NSX in that article or the article itself for that matter. The idea was good, "old school vs new school" but they picked the worst cars for the old school bunch. They took a street only NSX and put it with all these high HP drag only cars against EVO and STI. The NSX was running Pirelli P7000 tires for god's sake which is like a low grade performance tire. The only thing I got out of that article was that Evo MR handles pretty damn good out of the box to run 2 sec faster than the NSX with minimal mods.

I think the quality of SCC writing has gone down the drain. They used to be more interesting back in the days...

len3.8 said:

im in my teens. 19 to be exact, does it annoy you guys when we come up to you and comliment you on your car and ask about it?! cause i always seem to do that overjoyed with seeing an NSX, if this annoys the majority of NSX owners ill try to refrain, quite often it does seem like im just dismessed and they wont talk at all >.<.

The Kid said:
Maybe more people wont confuse my car with a Corvette any more:biggrin:

My sister once said your car looks like a Corvette. I told her she is not allowed to EVER say that again. :tongue:

Anosa said:
im in my teens. 19 to be exact, does it annoy you guys when we come up to you and comliment you on your car and ask about it?! cause i always seem to do that overjoyed with seeing an NSX, if this annoys the majority of NSX owners ill try to refrain, quite often it does seem like im just dismessed and they wont talk at all >.<.

Not at all :smile: I used to be just like you before I bought my NSX. I'd be like a 9 year old kid, with my jaw dropped, jumping up and down in excitement whenever I saw an NSX, or another exotic car. I"m still that way today! Its perfectly fine to be overjoyed and to ask questions, give compliments and show interest. That's what being a car enthusiast is all about.

Anosa said:

For those 18-25 yr old, and I can tell they actually know a little bit about cars, if I have time, I usually give them a ride.

Anosa said:

I should have been more specific.
I was talking about the "Wanna Race", "Following me home", Do you wanna be in my car club ? Crowd...:smile:
Not someone walking up to me and asking me about the car.. I usually talk to them if I am just standing there.. Unlike RP-Motor, I usually don't give rides unless it's an organized event.:wink:

Back