Sport Car Club Meet 2002

Fury- I will be there- my car is very identical to yours so look for me....I anticipate maybe 400 or so cars...there was that many last year...hopefully more NSX, and my fav. Ferrari's...

Hey Randy, there's already another thread about this...

I was with a small group of West L.A. NSXers who checked out last years gathering. Lots of crazy modded imports, a few exotics, American muscle, and, as we expected, many bad accidents (which is why we skipped the drive). This year there is NO drive planned. I'm just going to look at the cars again.

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 25 July 2002).]

Thanks guys! Dangit!! I read the other post too. Now I'm thinking I might want to make it. Sheez, now I gotta get up early.
frown.gif

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

[]

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 25 July 2002).]

My good friend Mani is the one who puts this gathering together each year. =) Unfortunately I won't be able to attend this weekend as I'm currently in Boston for a business conference. But like Eric said, no 'organized' drive this year because of the fact they had too many accidents last year. However, there may be informal groups who will go hit the twisties afterwards. =P Hope you guys can go and represent the NSX community!!!

I'm going, but not in my Zanardi, unfortunately. I got this recurring back pain that stayed with me since 14 (resulted from lifting 100 lbs. of institutionally packed corn starch, rice, suger, etc. all day long), which prob. stunted my growth and explained my lack of height.
tongue.gif

So I'm not good to sit in a car as low as the NSX without aggravating my back pain. I will, however, represent the S2k community instead.
So can anyone tell me how long this meet will last? I have to get back to work by 4pm but I'd like to stay through the entire event.

I'm going, but not in my Zanardi, unfortunately.

Cool that you're going, too bad not in the Z. Both you and Tan have NSXs AND S2Ks...I'm still trying to convince Valerie to get one (she loves the Suzuka blue/blue leather...but doesn't feel we need another two seater).

I have NO IDEA how late this thing will last. Last year's event had a drive involved, so the gathering only lasted a couple hours before everyone headed out.

See ya tomorrow!

10-4 !
smile.gif

You know, I may change my mind about taking the S2k there. I'm going to wait until tomorrow morning and let my back decide which one I'm going to drive. Hopefully it will cooperate with me enough for a few short hours of fun.
biggrin.gif

A co-worker/friend of mine is in the market for a Suzuka Blue Stook. But as of now, we are having one heck of a time locating one BRAND NEW in the L.A. area. There are 1-2 floating around in the used car section of AUTOTRADER.COM within LA border, if I'm not mistaken, but I'l bet these Suzuka Blue owners have to pay quite alot of mark-ups since dealers always take advantage of exclusivity of such color. More the reason why you rarely see Suz Blue owners giving theirs up, or sell them at a reasonable price. Anyway, I may end up handing the keys to my Silverstone Metallic/Red to him later, if he's willing to wait for another 2 years.
biggrin.gif

Ok, enuf chattin'. Gotta get crackin'!!
Hasta la manana !
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Zanardi 50 (edited 26 July 2002).]

Back