spoon race ecu

On a somewhat related topic, does anyone know the processor used on the ECU? Are schematics available?

And of course following along the same lines has here anyone "broken" into one and gotton into the code?

Guess i'm starting to think dangerously!

hg

In the ebay auction it is stated that the ECU arrives from a JDM Honda NSX and was tried on the seller's nsx (New Jersey). Are the ECU the same for Honda & Acura?

I heard that it is not possible to use an Acura chip (not complete ECU) inside an Honda ECU. But it maybe urban legend... somebody knows?
confused.gif

Urban Legend. More aftermarket computers are becoming available for six or more separate coils per cylinder. (Corvettes have eight) Their option now is to reprogram stock computer. Codes are always broken quickly with the american cars, but the funny thing is, most of them work better with the stock settings and piggy back mods. That or go with a $4K+ aftermarket system. Codes are not broken yet on the NSX computer. Maybe soon though.

Codes are not broken yet on the NSX computer.

confused.gif

Aftermarket chips have been available for the NSX ECU for the past ten years.

If you are keeping the motor stock, I would not play with reprogramming the ECU. So many people tend to throw on mods just because they can, and they think it's cool. Do you really think it's smart to disable the rev limiter? If anything, with the way I drive, id almost consider lowering my rev limiter a bit to save my motor some stress. Anyway, if you have some specific mods to the car that you are reprogramming for, then by all means, go ahead, but when you get to that level of sophistication, you'd be better off with a Motec IMO.

Ken,

I've had just a little exposure to this, most of the after market shops don't bother to dis-assemble to ECU code. Instead what they do is monitor the addess locations the ECU is accessing and ASSUME they are look-up tables for something. Then they spend time on a dyno mess'in with the values until they get it right or destroy the engine (maybe both!).

To make full use though, someone would/ or should dis-assemble the code then re-compile it with changes. Pretty much anything is possible if you do that.

Guess I was just hopeing that someone here had the diassembled code and schematics in there desk drawer!

Mostly I'm just curious on details of how it works, more of a code lurker than anything else.

hg,

Oh! Now I see what you mean.

What's the purpose of doing so? IOW - presumably the ECU will still be controlling the same functions as it does now. So what does it buy you to change the code (rather than the parameters used by the code)?

Originally posted by hgunnerz:
Guess I was just hopeing that someone here had the diassembled code and schematics in there desk drawer!
As I understand it, this is what hondata does -- allow the factory ECU to be used, but optimizing select portions of it to account for non-factory modifications.

They've cracked the code for pre-OBDII cars.

Back