Spoon NSX-R for Sale in CA

Has anyone seen this on autotrader? Seems like there is a Spoon NSX-R for $125,000..:biggrin: i cant post link but if you just search and put min and max at $125,000 this one shows up. Its at South Coast Subaru in Costa Mesa, CA.

Has anyone seen this on autotrader? Seems like there is a Spoon NSX-R for $125,000..:biggrin: i cant post link but if you just search and put min and max at $125,000 this one shows up. Its at South Coast Subaru in Costa Mesa, CA.

That was there for a long time

Thanks for the link.

I usually put a Maximum amount when searching for a car on autotrader cuz i hate seeing what i cant afford!!!:biggrin::biggrin: Today i just decided to go above and beyond because i got sick and tired of looking at oldsmobiles and saturns...:mad:

I saw this the other day when I did a search on autotrader. I love the interior, but that front lip is too much for me.

Saw it in person tonight at the South Coast Acura meet tonight. The car is wild but someone I could never justify the $125k price tag.

I agree the price is way too high. I too hated the front lip but if i had money like that to spend on a NSX i would just get a NA1, FX500 turbo, and the FX widebody kit. it would be a whole lot cheaper and IMO a better looking car and a better deal...

Let see what one can get for $125k nowadays? Used Gallardo, R8, Ford GT, Ferrari CS, higher mileaged F430, brand new GT3.
For almost a 100k less, you can get a NSX coupe which is not really that far apart from the Spoon.
Steve

It's a great way for the dealer to get their name out there ~ form of advertising but I don't think it will be sold anytime soon!

Wow a 91 NSX for $125k, what a deal! :eek:

If I had $125 to spend, give me a V8 R8 and I'll pocket the rest for savings! In this economy you can buy pretty much any car you want with that $$$.

Minus the non functional roof scoop, I personally like the look :).

Bat™

7eea48794046381e003e97cd2549ab5a.jpg

7eea53f34046381e003e97cd45139201.jpg

7eea62534046381e003e97cd911598e9.jpg

7eea59924046381e003e97cd53f3911e.jpg

7eea57b24046381e003e97cdb84fc931.jpg

Bat™

Nobody asked for my opinion, but all that bodywork just kills every beautiful line on an NSX.

Warning, threadjack to follow:

That was there for a long time

NY2NV, have you had any luck selling yours? It's a beautiful car, and I wish I could afford it.

I have seen that car in person on multiple occasions. YOu give me 80K and I'll built you one! It will be a more faithful rendition than this Spoon NSX-R GT wannabe.

This car is a disgrace.

I could careless if it's a spoon or not, it's ugly as all hell and looks like complete rice. Even at $50k I would pass.

I could careless if it's a spoon or not, it's ugly as all hell and looks like complete rice. Even at $50k I would pass.

I'm still not sure if this is a real spoon NSX, or an NSX just with slapped on spoon parts. Regardless, the real Spoon NSX-R GT is not rice by any means. Check the Tsukuba course vids. Obviously the aggressive kit was designed for a purpose.

I'm still not sure if this is a real spoon NSX, or an NSX just with slapped on spoon parts. Regardless, the real Spoon NSX-R GT is not rice by any means. Check the Tsukuba course vids. Obviously the aggressive kit was designed for a purpose.

Maybe it was - but I still think it looks like poo. :wink:

There's a car that one of our Primers built up to look like the NSX-R that is much more tastfully done and just beautiful - can't remember who owns it - but I remember looking at the build he did! What a project and car and the outcome far surpases this pile - "Spoon" full of crapola! I wouldn't have it over mine! Ugly is right but if it had one of those blue printed engines in it - I'll take that:biggrin:

I don't get it.........Too much money for too little car.....Take six figures and give it to Factor X........Then you will have a car:cool:

There's a car that one of our Primers built up to look like the NSX-R that is much more tastfully done and just beautiful - can't remember who owns it - but I remember looking at the build he did! What a project and car and the outcome far surpases this pile - "Spoon" full of crapola! I wouldn't have it over mine! Ugly is right but if it had one of those blue printed engines in it - I'll take that:biggrin:

Yes the engine is blue printed and balanced. This is more of a track car but not worth the price. Just for the record it weighs 2400lbs supposedly.

There was quite a bit of discussion on these a while back. Biggest problem was either flat out lies from Spoon about the car or misleading media or Spoon flat out lied to the media ..lol

Front spoiler for those concerned about looks should be left to the track rats as it is fully functional and provides great downforce. This is a track car and nobody is going to pay that for it and track it. Be nice if Spoon would just sell the parts but they won't sell anything since the car won't sell:rolleyes:

You can find the initial reviews here:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122917

As i mentioned on that thread, there are a few "short-cuts" the company took in order for them to cut costs.

- USDM and JDM front fender markers
- Interior carpeting sprayed with red vinyl spray
- Stock 91-96 exhaust with tips. It even has the heat shields on the exhaust piping.

I'm sure there were a lot more. IMHO, not even worth half that price.

Last edited:
Back