Spinning rims

I agree they are WAY to much money, for that much money I'd get some 23 inch rims for my suburban! HAHAHA I thought the idea of spinning wheels was stupid, but after seeing the videos I kind of liked them. I wouldn't own them, but I don't mind them.

Hey David,
You are right about the NBA player....You know the NBA player named Laterall Sprewell...he opened a car shop recently in LA and he is selling those kind of rims...I think a set of 4 cost about 10 grand----ridiculous...I would rather get a supercharger instead.
Jack

Hey when your a NBA Star whats 4-5 grand for wheels thats nothing to them.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

You're kidding, right?
eek.gif

Forget "way too much money...", I wouldn't put them on my car if they paid me the purchase price.

Just what I want, more weight, more drag, and the dumbest looking wheels ever.

I was at the Superbowl last week and there were a lot of tricked-out "Sports-celebrity" cars there. On Saturday night, I saw two cars (or SUVs, can't remember) in a row driving up Canal Street (New Orleans) and they both had the spinning rims. They were kinda cool, but I'd never put them on my car.
smile.gif

I believe these particular rims are extremly creative. It helps to give consumers a wider and more up to date selection, you get tired of seeing the same 'ol same. I dont think its fair to stereotype and say it it exactly what a rapper or NBA player would come up with, if you have the money(millions of dollars) to broaden your ideas and it sell...go for it!!!
Ten thousand dollars,you say, is too much to spend on rims(let me correct you all, they are called DUBS)then I guess its way too much for someone to spend $80,000 to $95,000 on an Acura NSX, then again its only a car; which its purpose is to take you to and from your destination!!! I give the rims two thumbs up and an additional two thumbs up for creativity.

------------------

Originally posted by Anastaia25:
Ten thousand dollars,you say, is too much to spend on rims(let me correct you all, they are called DUBS)then I guess its way too much for someone to spend $80,000 to $95,000 on an Acura NSX, then again its only a car; which its purpose is to take you to and from your destination!!!

Thanks for the correction, but $10k for a set of spinning rims is an outrageous price, "dubs" or not. You can pick up a set of a recognized tuners "dubs" (Brabus, Lorinsor, Carlsson) in 2 and 3 piece designs for about half of that. So its not just a "dubs" thing.

correction...only 20" rims are called "dubs", technically speaking...

i think the spinning rims are pretty tizite...they 0wN j00z... <grin>...

-andie

Back