SpeedTV program note

Most have probably seen these, however anyone who hasn't should be aware:
Speed produced two excellent shows which are periodically re-aired. The shows are titled "Victory by Design". One is about Ferrari, and is 1 hour duration. The other is about Porsche, and is 1.5 hour duration. They feature Alain de Cadenet, and are pretty well-done. Together, they're practically a 'history of cool cars'. If you haven't seen them yet, you probably should. Both shows air this evening. Later this week the Porsche show (only) re-airs several more times. They both re-air periodically so if you don't catch 'em today, you can later. It's a chance to see & hear some of the greatest sports/GT cars of all time up close. Try to check 'em out some time if you haven't done so.

Richard

I must've seen the re-airs of both programs at least 4 times by now since early last year. Great show! Worthy of watching.

I just can't get enough of that Porsche 962 road car! If it was up to me to design and style the next gen NSX, I definitely use this car as my inspiration! Oh wait, maybe Honda already did, judging from the way the current NSX's rear spoiler looking so much like this Porsche's, except that Honda took a much more conservative approach and make it smaller and with less dramatic look.
Here's a link to some stats and pics of the race version of the same car..... http://www.supercars.net/cars/1994@$Dauer@$962%20LeMansg.html
(Notice the rear spoiler of this race car doesn't resemble the Road going car)

[This message has been edited by Zanardi 50 (edited 17 February 2003).]

I saw the Ferrari one and thought it was really good. Watch it on your home theater system with the sound cranked up!

Yep, saw the Ferrari show for the third time and its still great. Honda should pay for a similar "documentary" and feature the NSX, S2000, Integra and a couple of F1/CART
cars. It would be a great image-builder.

Back