Speeding Ticket.. :(

Anyone has experience fighting a speeding ticket @ San Pedro court? I just got a speeding ticket going downhill on Crenshaw before PV North by a CPU biker cop saying I am doing 64 @ 45 zone. I dont' know if he clocked me with Radar because he actually crossed out that on the ticket but he puts down two sets of alphanumeric numbers in the box. Actually the lady driving the mini-van next to me was going faster than I am because I moved out of the fast lane for her.. :( Anyway, any input is greatly appreciated...

By the way, this was my first tickets in years and it happened on Black Friday the 13th...

I got a ticket as well. Ive been on other forums. Tickets are going out like crazy. Cali hurting bad and cops got quotas.

Anyone has experience fighting a speeding ticket @ San Pedro court? I just got a speeding ticket going downhill on Crenshaw before PV North by a CPU biker cop saying I am doing 64 @ 45 zone. I dont' know if he clocked me with Radar because he actually crossed out that on the ticket but he puts down two sets of alphanumeric numbers in the box. Actually the lady driving the mini-van next to me was going faster than I am because I moved out of the fast lane for her.. :( Anyway, any input is greatly appreciated...

By the way, this was my first tickets in years and it happened on Black Friday the 13th...

According to my nephew, who is a cop, the statement in red above never gets you anywhere. What my nephew and his fellow officers say when they are presented with this argument, provided the driver was clocked or radar-ed going over the limit - "There are millions of fish in the sea, but I caught you!"

If it is important to you for points reasons, get a reference for a good traffic attorney.

Good luck,

Mario

I have good news to report. I've won my third TBWD.... I have valuable information for anyone who gotten a ticket on Crenshaw between PV Dr. N and Silver Spur... PM me if you needed.... :smile:

I would recommend going to court to fight it.
In my county I have won against 2 tickets in the last 9 years.

A right on red which is major points on a license and $250.00 was won because the officer that wrote the ticket was a no show. I would estimate the day I went 1/3 of the tickets were thrown out because of this.

The other ticket which was speeding was thrown out because the officer gave conflicting testimony. :biggrin:

Your worst case is to waste a 1/2 day of your time. Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

depending how your towns,cities,neighborhoods whatever are set up going to court could help you out a lot.

around me, in Nassau County and any of the incorporated villages when you get a violation and pay it then they only get a percentage of the money. When you go and fight the ticket it gets reduced to something that the county, or town can keep like a parking ticket. This way they get all the proceeds.

I cant speak from experience with a 65 in a 45 but just saying how it works in my neck of the woods.

Back