• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Speed Oracle/Rob/Ron98 Highly Recommended!

Hey SoCal NSX Guys!

I just wanted to let you guys know that if you need a good NSX mechanic, don't hesitate to call Robert/Speedoracle.com for any of your NSX needs! He did a whole lot of work for me, and I have been very satified! He does work quickly and at a reasonable rate! A lot of the work he did for me was while I was waiting, so I didn't need to get a ride. He has been very fair and honest with me. He is very knowledgeable about NSXs. He is very personable and easy to deal with. I can't recommend Robert/Speed Oracle/Ron98 highly enough! I'm a happy customer! His number is 661-251-7674.

Be safe out there!

John

+1...Excellent and honest person to deal with...did 30k mile service and completely satisfied...:smile:

Yeah Rob is a cool guy...even though he hasnt been at the Starbucks meets. :tongue:

True or we can be BFE to them :eek: :biggrin:

Nothing but praise for Rob and Speed Oracle. He did a great job on my Bro's S2k!

I have been waiting for this info and comments along with another member thinking of using Roberts shop. Keep the comments coming and if you can list some of the work that was done that would be helpful.
I agree, What a great guy Robert is, I have had many oppertunities to chat with him and I think he may have what it takes to be key tuner.

Last edited:
Is Robert and RON98 the same person, or are these two different people from SpeedOracle?

Is Robert and RON98 the same person, or are these two different people from SpeedOracle?

Yes. Ron98 is a fuel rating in Europe, per Rob. You should come down to one of the Valencia Starbuck's Meets. :smile:

ill try to make the next one for sure.

just got 2 engine swaps out of the garage and missed the last meet due to deadlines. Currently working on Art's sexy widebody S/C beauty. Stunningly sexy car, everyone who drives by has their eyes glued to it. :biggrin:

I'll try my best to attend the next one. some how it always ends up on Wednesdays something silly comes up

Thanks for the recommendations. I look forward to meeting more NSX owners, a chance to work on their NSX and to serve the NSX community,

It is a pleasure to work with each individual NSX and to learn its history and keeping them running tip top.

When i meet fellow enthusiasts and work on THE car im passionate about on a daily basis, life is good.

Regards

Rob
661 251 7674

Just to give my 2 cents worth about Speed Oracle. I just got my baby back last night from Rob and I am more than HAPPY with the service and that is a gross understatement!!!!!!!!! When Ramon blew me off, another story, Diablo360 (I owe you one)recommended Speed Oracle. I told Rob what I needed done and he took my car in right away. He replaced the clutch, a/c compressor, fixed a leak on my supercharger, and did the normal maintenance. This is where I feel really bad. SOS did not have the clutch I wanted and was delayed in coming in for almost 2 weeks. Rob did not charge me storage fees but was understanding about the situation. He also took me to the train station when I dropped off my NSX and picked me up last night when I came to get her. I own 2 NSX's and just recently got a S2000 and Speed Oracle is the only shop that is going to work on them.(Thanks Rob for giving me the S2K bug and putting me further in debt!!!Lol) The prices he charge me and the service that was done is the reason I am recommending his shop to anyone that owns a NSX. Thanks again Rob.

another big ups for rob. he's the only guy i take my nsx too and i will also be taking my other cars there too!

eNeSeX 95T, please don't question my integrity. I called Ramon and stated exactly what I needed done to my car and he said he could do the work just bring it down a week from then. I stated that my clutch was slipping pretty bad. I took the day off from work, got a friend to come get me from Ramon's but when I got there he looked and the car, took it for a short drive. He stated that he didn't want to do the work because "It would be to much of a project". He just got done installing a turbo for scorp965 and didn't want to take on something that would tie up his bays for a week. I'm sure he is a great mechanic but he did me wrong. I stated EXACTLY what was wrong with the car and what needed to be fixed. There was no suprises. When I asked if there was anything he could do for me about the clutch, he said just drive it slow and don't let the car boost and I should make it home. When I told Rob the same problems I was having he took my car in. He worked with me and did a great job. That is why he has got my business and that of my friends.

I didn't see this before but Robs highly recommended by me also.
Total experience factor: Robs straight from the hip. He doesn't play silly games and does what he says he is going to do. He did all I asked and more. He is very easy to comunicate with and looks after your nsx like its his. Very open to suggestions and makes your experience a good one. You have alot of say on whats getting done and can see it and change as you go; not just have some guy do whats best for him and give you your car back. I would even suggest driving a few hours and have him do everything you been holding off because it costs too much to install it. He very resonable priced and doesn't make you throw stuff on there that doesn't help or is needed. He a good guy and easy to work with and does a good job. I am going to see him again in a month or so to finish some work and do lot more. I got to say he stayed up till 1 at night one night just finishing my car and I know I was there. Thats was a experience, a good one. Imagine you need to get done and on the road to SOS in Arizona and things still need to be done before you go to Arizona next morning how many techs give a damn and stay back to help and get you out and on your way. Thanks Rob see ya in a month or so.

Has anyone seen or heard from Rob lately? I am looking to get in contact with him.

Here's my story:

One month ago (9/16/07) I bought a Honda S2000 from him. Here's the ad: http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=503658

I paid with a cashier's check and a little cash. We did the transaction on a Sunday, and we signed an agreement saying that he would mail me the title after my check clears (he wanted to make sure the check wasn't a fake or was cancelled - I figured he was trustworthy since he runs a shop). I took immediate possession of the car, but unfortunately I still have yet to receive the title to it.

I last talked to him on 10/2/07, just about two weeks ago. At that point, he said he would mail the title out first thing the next day. After not receiving it for a week (I live in the bay area - should only take a day or two for it to arrive), I've been trying to get in contact with him via phone. I've called him just about every day for the past week or so. He is not answering my calls nor is he returning my messages.

Have any of you heard from him or seen him lately? He seems like a standup guy, so I'm not particularly worried that he won't complete the sale. Just want to make sure he's ok.

I found this thread by searching for SpeedOracle.

Thanks!

Back