• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Special thanks to all the vendors on this forum

Just want to say "thanks" to all the hard working vendors out there on NSXprime that make special things happen. Without you guys things just wouldn't be quite as exciting. Thanks for taking all the crap and forging ahead with new ideas and great products.

I've worked with most if not all of you... and look forward to future transactions!

She's back... :)

IMG_01042.JPG

Special thanks on my latest round of mods goes out to STMPO, Science of Speed, evof575gtc, downforce and Umbrella Auto Designs. Thanks Acura of Lynwood for my future alignment and special thanks to this forum for giving me new ideas to be unique. Many cool high rez pics to follow in the coming weeks, weather permitting. :)

Last edited:
Ah, black and blue! Nice combo!

And I too appreciate all the vendor support. Hope you all got my email. :wink: :biggrin:

Those are some beautiful wheels.
Not quite sure how they will look on a black car though.:cool:

Yeah, me neither. lol Someone has to give it a shot.... :smile:

After a bit of a search, I found this pic... so probably something like this.
2004751689263652190_rs.jpg

Once my interior is finished, I think it should all tie together nicely.

Last edited:
Yeah, me neither. lol Someone has to give it a shot.... :smile:

After a bit of a search, I found this pic... so probably something like this.
2004751689263652190_rs.jpg

Once my interior is finished, I think it should all tie together nicely.
Doc, thats gonna look friggin awesome.:wink:

I want to check it out in person!!! are those 18/19??
what's the width and offset?

What makes you go for the TE37? My influence?:biggrin: What you doing with your Ce28 then??

and lets see those tail lights! :biggrin::wink: those rims look great man I didn't know they came in that color..... very interesting.

and lets see those tail lights! :biggrin::wink: those rims look great man I didn't know they came in that color..... very interesting.

Sold the CE28's to Sid months ago... he waived cash in my face and said I could roll on his stock rims in the meantime (hence the current setup). BTW- I've tried to get in touch with him, so if anyone sees him, please let him know he can have his rims back.

As for the TE37 Ferrand, it's the rim I always wanted... the classic JGTC rim... I just ended up with CE28's after I found that set for a killer deal back when I had my '91. However, thanks for modeling those white ones, definitely helped me with my decision.

Those are 18x7.5 and 19x9.5 Offsets are 40 and 35 (I think). Made custom in that color 08/09 (cool stamps on the wheel). The rear is the "face 2" style, so there's some concavity to it. I'm just waiting for my Pirelli P-Zero's to show up. 215/35 and 275/30's.... then it's off to Charles for an alignment.

Chris at SOS talked me out of getting the real magnesium ones...said they just wouldn't hold up well on the street... so I got the next best thing.

As for the LED tails, I JUST slapped them on my car last night. Now I just have to hook up the wires. Hope to have some pics this weekend, but the weather is nuts right now.... might just be garage pics. Still waiting on Ravi to complete my interior as well... the whole car is going to be pretty sweet!

But again, thanks to all the vendors for being so helpful! This is the most fun I've had with a car.

Last edited:
Hi,

first of all, this community is a case on it's own... very tight and helpfull... So, it's more than fair to salute Vendors to keep getting us products for our cars... let's just don't let it to end by supporting them

Dr. Volk...beautifull set of TE-37s you got there.. i just love them.... beautifull.... i liked this color in a set of RE30s someone here had in his NSX-R conversion.....can you PM me from whom did you bought them from and for how much?? to see if i have a chance to stop dreaming on a set of these rims...

also...can you weight them before you install the tires?? :wink:

Thanks,
Nuno

Sold the CE28's to Sid months ago... he waived cash in my face and said I could roll on his stock rims in the meantime (hence the current setup). BTW- I've tried to get in touch with him, so if anyone sees him, please let him know he can have his rims back.

As for the TE37 Ferrand, it's the rim I always wanted... the classic JGTC rim... I just ended up with CE28's after I found that set for a killer deal back when I had my '91. However, thanks for modeling those white ones, definitely helped me with my decision.

Those are 18x7.5 and 19x9.5 Offsets are 40 and 35 (I think). Made custom in that color 08/09 (cool stamps on the wheel). The rear is the "face 2" style, so there's some concavity to it. I'm just waiting for my Pirelli P-Zero's to show up. 215/35 and 275/30's.... then it's off to Charles for an alignment.

Chris at SOS talked me out of getting the real magnesium ones...said they just wouldn't hold up well on the street... so I got the next best thing.

As for the LED tails, I JUST slapped them on my car last night. Now I just have to hook up the wires. Hope to have some pics this weekend, but the weather is nuts right now.... might just be garage pics. Still waiting on Ravi to complete my interior as well... the whole car is going to be pretty sweet!

But again, thanks to all the vendors for being so helpful! This is the most fun I've had with a car.

Uh oh Ravi has a hold of your interior? lol just kidding he's one of the best out there man - what are you having done on the inside? :cool:

also...can you weight them before you install the tires?? :wink:

Thanks,
Nuno

Alright, last post in this thread... just some quick info... can't get the crappy iphone pic to work, better off waiting to get some good shots anyhow.

I didn't get a chance to weigh the rims without the tires, but here are the weights of the volks vs the stock 16/17 setup with tires on. Your results may of course vary.....

205/45 16" stock 37.8 lbs
215/35 18" Volk 37.4 lbs

245/40 17" stock 46.2 lbs
275/30 19" Volk 49.2 lbs

Hope that helps anyone thinking of going 18/19. With the right rim/tires, you're really not adding much weight... but tons more grip.

Thanks Science of Speed for the rims! ... and yes, it looks really good.

Last edited:
Well done man. I envy you black car guys. Anything goes with black! I ordered a set of TE's as well a few months ago. One-off set of Formula Silver TE's. Bunch of vendors told me it couldn't be done. Worked with Mackin, they made it happen sine this will be the only NSX specific setup in the formula silver color. 18x7.5 (+29) and 19x9.5 (+34). Plan on a 5mm in the rear though.

Well done man. I envy you black car guys. Anything goes with black! I ordered a set of TE's as well a few months ago. One-off set of Formula Silver TE's. Bunch of vendors told me it couldn't be done. Worked with Mackin, they made it happen sine this will be the only NSX specific setup in the formula silver color. 18x7.5 (+29) and 19x9.5 (+34). Plan on a 5mm in the rear though.

That's going to be sweet! Yeah, as far as I've seen, I'm the only black/blue Te37 setup. I'm sure there are some out there that aren't on prime of course.

I also got the LED tails to work. Thanks Erick! Time to go out!

Link to pics:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129656

Last edited:
Back