SpaYellow/BLK - JH4NA2162WT000038

Just a point of reference, I bought my 97 NSX with slightly less 13,000 miles about 15 months ago for $50,000. I thought it was a little on the high side, but I really wanted a yellow 97-01 yellow NSX, so I didn't mine paying a couple thousand over what I thought is worth. Beside, my NSX was about 60 miles away and I don't have to pay for airfare. No headaches and seller gave me a 2 inch thick manila folder with all maintenace records, and history of all items purcahsed for the NSX.

$49,900 for a 98 yellow NSX with 38,000 miles is not too outrageous. If the car is in good condition, and you really want a yellow NSX, I would serious contact the seller and get the details. You probably can knock 1 or 2 thousand off the asking. If you wait another month, there will be more buyers to compete with. Yellow is a love or hate color (IMO). You either love it or you hate it. Yellow is too bright for most people. Are you man enough?:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Good luck on your search, and post any details that you come across reagrding this NSX for other members.:smile:

This is a very nice car but some buyers might not want something with so many modifications.

Calling a "better deal" isn't necessarily fair, IMO.

For 5k more you get a car with less miles on the odometer, 02 update (obviously the fixed lights wouldn't be a must have), in perfect condition and You could probably sell the mods for at least 2-4k total if not more. Now there is really no difference.

I don't see how its not a better deal.. only reason why you wouldn't choose this car is if you wanted pop up lights.

Where is the rust? Yes, it is a bit dirty, but I don't see any rust. A few bucks will clean all that right up.

I don't see how its not a better deal.. only reason why you wouldn't choose this car is if you wanted pop up lights.

Again, no offense to the owner or his car but...

many owners (like myself) and potential owners view the kinds of mod's that have been made to the car as being undesirable. Can you sell the mod's? Yes. But then you have to deal with taking them off, selling them, etc.

And perhaps most important, many people feel that a car that has been so heavily modded has likely been raced, etc. and honestly, there's a large percentage of ownership and potential ownership that view that as a bad thing.

The second car is a better deal in your perspective but not in everyone's.

Wow, whats with the engine bay? Really dirty and the bits of rust seems out of place for a '02 with 27k "pristine" miles. IMO.

A dirty engine bay is merely indicative of being driven. I agree that it probably would have been a good idea to wipe that down with a rag before posting the pic's on prime but I don't think that dust in your engine bay is anything more than just that... dust.

I don't see any rust and since damn near everything that can be made of aluminum in the NSX is, in fact, aluminum I doubt it is rust.

I don't see any rust either.

Im REAL picky on mods but these seem to be pretty typical. Exhaust, headers, pedals, etc.

Its not like there is a widebody kit or LCDs all around. Not that there is ANYTHING wrong with those, just saying.

Last edited:
Where is the rust? Yes, it is a bit dirty, but I don't see any rust. A few bucks will clean all that right up.

other1ok6.jpg

Was referring to the areas circled. Could be nothing at all, I'm just being nit picky.

I was passing through WPB in early April and stopped to look at this car (actually the first NSX I sat in) when it was $49,900. I'm an NSX novice, but I thought I detected paint odor when I opened the trunk. The salesman suggested it may be mineral spirits from cleaning. It did look nice and clean though.

I noticed this car is now at a dealer in High Point, NC and is on Ebay and Autotrader. The price dropped to around $46K while it was in WPB. I was wondering why they tinted the windows dark (not sure if the current or previous dealer did it). Could it have been to make it more attractive? That would actually make me less inclined to buy. I'm sure they were not tinted when I saw it in WPB. Just curious.

Back