spacer help 99 NSXT

Also I plan to run wheels in the following size:

Front: 18x7.5 +35 with 215/35 R18
Rear: 18x8.5 +39 with 255/35 R18

Will that fit with my existing spacers or should I remove them?

The spacers are 15mm Front and 25mm Rear.

Car is slightly lowered with Tein Springs and Bilstein shocks

Last edited:
I_M_Legend, yes you can just unbolt the rear spacers and remove them. In regards to the front studs being longer, you should ask the prior owner if they installed extended studs. If you install a 15mm spacer in the front, you shouldn't need extended studs as I used to have 17mm spacers up front on my stock wheels and didn't require them. In regards to the setup you are going with, why are you going 18" F/R? Most NSX owners go 17/18 or 18/19. Lastly, in regards to the specs, I wouldn't install a 15mm spacer in front on a +35 offset wheel. I also wouldn't install a 25mm spacer on a +39 offset wheel in the rear. You can search through the Wheels and Tires subforum regarding ideal offsets to get what is ideal if you are intent on installing the spacers. Also keep in mind you don't want to throw off your TCS. Hapa88 has posted great information regarding wheel setups.

You may want to do some research on safety and stock studs with spacers. It depends on the wheel itself since some have different thicknesses around the bolt area but I was told anything beyond 5mm spacer is needing extended studs for safety reasons. I’m unsure the rule of how many turns a nut should have for safety as I never have run more then a 3mm spacer but it’s something to search for...

most folks that I know who put 25mm rear spacers wanted oem wheels more flush to fender.....the oem wheels have a rather high offset and are tucked ...

I_M_Legend, yes you can just unbolt the rear spacers and remove them. In regards to the front studs being longer, you should ask the prior owner if they installed extended studs. If you install a 15mm spacer in the front, you shouldn't need extended studs as I used to have 17mm spacers up front on my stock wheels and didn't require them. In regards to the setup you are going with, why are you going 18" F/R? Most NSX owners go 17/18 or 18/19. Lastly, in regards to the specs, I wouldn't install a 15mm spacer in front on a +35 offset wheel. I also wouldn't install a 25mm spacer on a +39 offset wheel in the rear. You can search through the Wheels and Tires subforum regarding ideal offsets to get what is ideal if you are intent on installing the spacers. Also keep in mind you don't want to throw off your TCS. Hapa88 has posted great information regarding wheel setups.

Interesting. And you're sure the front studs weren't changed by the previous owner? The studs look really long to me right now. I will reach out to the previous owner.

The 18" F&R was the only available option to me. It's a used/discontinued set of of Prodrives GC07Cs. With the tire sizes I mentioned, it should maintain a close ratio and not affect the TCS.

most folks that I know who put 25mm rear spacers wanted oem wheels more flush to fender.....the oem wheels have a rather high offset and are tucked ...

I'm currently running the stock wheels. You're right, the previous owner wanted to make the stock wheels more flush with the fender.

Last edited:
I’m sure you have extended studs. The limit on OEM studs is maybe a 5mm spacer. I have a 3mm spacer is I can just barely do 7 turns on my lug nuts to deem them safe.

Take the spacers off. With the offsets you listed you won't need spacers. As others have pointed out, you most likely have longer studs on the front, which is OK, however you will probably need to use lug nuts that have open ends so the nut doesn't bottom on the longer stud.

Take the spacers off. With the offsets you listed you won't need spacers. As others have pointed out, you most likely have longer studs on the front, which is OK, however you will probably need to use lug nuts that have open ends so the nut doesn't bottom on the longer stud.

Correct, I confirmed with the P.O. that the front studs were changed. I will likely change back to stock studs bc I don't want to run open ended lugs.

Side note, our stock wheels/lugs are ball seat correct?

Side note, our stock wheels/lugs are ball seat correct?

For the factory wheels the correct lug nut has a ball seat. Most aftermarket wheels (including Prodrives) use a cone seat.

Factory lug nut is on the left. Aftermarket (wheel) lug nut is on the right.

View attachment 153734

For the factory wheels the correct lug nut has a ball seat. Most aftermarket wheels (including Prodrives) use a cone seat.

Factory lug nut is on the left. Aftermarket (wheel) lug nut is on the right.

View attachment 153734

Great, thanks! What brand cone seat lug is that?

Back