• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

SOS - needs work on communications with orders.

I have bought quite a few products from SOS over the years and one thing that really pisses me off about them is that when I order something the standard response is it will go out tomorrow. Then two or three weeks later I send an email asking about my order and get a response back - oh, we're waiting on xxx supplier, we should have that in two weeks. :confused:

The latest was the Oil Pressure Sensor relocation kit. I ordered it on Aug 19 and was told by Bryan "it will go out this afternoon". Then today I sent them an email asking about the ETA since it was charged to my VISA on Aug 21. I promptly received an email from Bryan "sorry for the delay, waiting on ETA from manufacturer on pressure sensors - I'd guess ETA 9/14-17 at this time."

We all understand about delays from suppliers, but what sucks is that SOS never stays on top of the orders and looks to see what DID NOT GO OUT and is pending - taking 2 minutes to send an email to let you know its not going out as promised. I shouldn't have to stay on top of them and ask where my stuff is. Hell, their website still shows that the Oil Pressure kit is "shipping on or around Friday 9/3" - no it's not.

I know I'm bitching, but this has been a consistant problem with SOS. I've gone through this same thing a half dozen times in the last few years. Including leaving me high and dry for a track weekend when a week and half after ordering my Carbotech pads never showed. I had to run my street pads for the event. SOS was out of stock, but never told me. I ended up ordering direct from Carbotech who had them to me in two days. If you are going to tell me it's going to ship and it doesn't then tell me. That I understand.

Jim

hi Jim --

Thanks for your post. One of our growing pains is the lack of an automated inventory system that allows better communication between the sales guys and our inventory when there are slips in delivery times from our suppliers. Your example is a good one - we were promised a delivery of the latest batch of sensors of 9/3. It's now 9/14, and they still have not been received. We are working on improving this, but it's a tremendous task. In the meantime, we're trying to improve on simple daily reviews of orders.

Thanks for understanding and hope you like the new kit - it's a nice part that I use on my own car.

regards,
-- Chris

I'm a big supporter of SOS, but I do agree with the Captain...

My RG-D's are now "expected" a month later than originally promised and the Kevlar timing belt never shipped and is due in "7-10" days (after I asked about it).

Bryan is great when I ping SOS for info (he provides almost instant responses), but as Chris acknowledges they obviously have inventory problems. At this point I can simply say I've had better service from Dali for the past 3 years.

Chris,

Thanks for the response. As I said, all that we ask is communications about orders. We understand, we just want to know so we can plan ahead even if it's an email saying we have no idea when it's going out. The frustrating part is when you think it's on it's way and it's not.

Jim

I only ordered once from SOS but I had the same experience. I felt much more confident dealing with Chris than with Bryan, who I felt was just telling me what I wanted to hear, not necessarily the truth.

2x

same with me, i order a set of wheel and arc exhaust. waited for 3 months no phone call or email, i had to call them after 3 moths of waiting and told wheel are discontinue and they can't get the exhaust for me. i don't mind waiting for my order but i would like to know what going with my order. i love doing business with SOS but communications is not to great.

I am waiting on my oil pressure sensor also. This is my first time ordering from there and everything else i ordered came quickly. I'm sure i will get it sometime hopefully just before it get's to cold outside for me to install it. I am tired of looking at my gauge reading 0 at idol which i am pretty sure isnt normal.

I guess I am fortunate to be able to walk into SOS's doors and communicate in person! Never a fudge up ever! We all make mistakes but its how we handle them that matters in a business like this!

Keep it up SOS guys!

If the ETA is between 1 - 30 days for arrival of parts, standard procedure for me when ordering from a major NSX supplier is to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume 30 days.

If it shows up less than 30 days, they've exceeded my expectations.
If it's more than 30 days, then I get a little bit cranky. Usually ignore the excuses and give it another 2 weeks.

If after 6 weeks the part has not arrived, we start having a discussion about refund of funds.

Simple as that. Give every major NSX supplier a 30 day time curve, and you'll only be happy at least half the time.

Cheers.

Back