SOS floor mats?

Anyone have experience with the Science of Speed floor mats that they sell for $300? I was thinking about getting a pair and was wondering how they compare to the OEM ones. My understanding is that OEM mats are no longer available. I am looking at the black mats with silver stitching as a have an 05 Silverstone/Onyx. Thanks

i had assumed that they were oem, although of a newer type than mine, which have kind of a tongue that goes under the seat.

I am pretty sure that those are the 'new' OEM floor mats. They look just like the new OEM mats that I purchased for my 2000. The original OEM mats looked like the Zanardi mats in the SOS web site with the new mats having the plastic tabs at the back of the mat. As an observation, the new OEM mats are much thinner and lighter than the original mats and mine started to show signs of wear and tear very quickly. I ended up taking my new mats out, cleaned them and put them back in their bag and reinstalled the original mats after having them steam cleaned. I will save the new mats for some special 'dress up' occasion - whatever that might be.

In my opinion, the new OEM mats are rather 'bottom end' in quality and grossly over priced. I think there is a Prime member Hrant who fabricates mats for the NSX. Perhaps they are of better quality than the new OEM mats. In addition, the new mats are not black. They are charcoal / very dark grey.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure that those are the 'new' OEM floor mats. They look just like the new OEM mats that I purchased for my 2000. The original OEM mats looked like the Zanardi mats in the SOS web site with the new mats having the plastic tabs at the back of the mat. As an observation, the new OEM mats are much thinner and lighter than the original mats and mine started to show signs of wear and tear very quickly. I ended up taking my new mats out, cleaned them and put them back in their bag and reinstalled the original mats after having them steam cleaned. I will save the new mats for some special 'dress up' occasion - whatever that might be.

In my opinion, the new OEM mats are rather 'bottom end' in quality and grossly over priced. I think there is a Prime member Hrant who fabricates mats for the NSX. Perhaps they are of better quality than the new OEM mats. In addition, the new mats are not black. They are charcoal / very dark grey.

Thanks for the review. Appreciate the advice.

Thanks for the review. Appreciate the advice.

So are the SOS ones OEM ? they even list ivory (platinum white) which looks bit off in the pics... I just cant see them being Honda.. Im sure SOS found a god vender to reproduce

I was told they are OEM floor mats when I inquired at XPO last year, just that they are the new style.

They are OEM; made in Japan. SOS is the only vendor I could find with 1991 Ivory floor mats for sale. Expensive, but high Honda quality.

Back