SOS '02+ reproduction side skirts

Anybody have any experience with the repopped '02+ side skirts & door panel from SOS? I want to know if these fit like OEM or if there is a major issue with fitment and/or quality. I have a very firm idea of what I want my car to look like with the exception of the side skirts. In that respect I am wishy washy.

1) OEM '02+
2) WW skirts
3) Stacy skirts

I like the lower vents on the WW & Stacy's but I am worried about overall fitment and whether the sill plates will work on those. I like the '02+ OEM skirts. My main goal it to make the car look great but it also must look factory.

Any input would be great.

DF 02+ - will require some work to fit nicely
Wings West - will need to be reinforce to prevent from being sag
DF Stacy's - will require more work than the DF 02+ side

Best bet is just buy some factory OEM 02+ sides and sill and call it a day :wink:.

If someone can make a nice vent on the oem 02+ side skirt, I would buy it. There probably is not a market for it though since the oem is more expensive to start with.

Be a pioneer:

63f94c595f6a1d558bd659156a77e353_zps9c944019.jpg

Ric

Contact TFENT (Phantasy Kolors) He has a build thread titled French blue carbon fiber EPIC something. Inquire with him. He did a fantastic job on OEM skirts with a vent.

Regards

I thought of this build thread right away as well. Loved what they did with the side skirt.

I have the DF side skirts. If I could do it again I would have gone OEM. By the time you invest the money in getting the DF skirts to fit properly you can go OEM. The OEM ABS has a smoother finish to start. To me the OEM seems more ridged and better quality.

I have the DF side skirts. If I could do it again I would have gone OEM. By the time you invest the money in getting the DF skirts to fit properly you can go OEM. The OEM ABS has a smoother finish to start. To me the OEM seems more ridged and better quality.

I have a set of original Stacy's 02+ OEM style skirts on my car and the fit/finish/etc was nearly perfect. (I have had them about 9 years now)

From what I have heard over and over is that the quality went severely downhill after DF took over the mold from Stacy. Sucks!!

I agree with him.

I have the older Stacy's skirts before Downforce added the mounting tabs sitting in my garage. Fitment wasn't the greatest. I abandoned reworking it to my liking and bought OEM 02+ side skirts and door inserts. Couldn't be happier. I do like the vent in the Stacy's, but for me at this point I rather have the perfect trouble free Fitment. One day I'll tackle the Stacy's skirts again and see if I can get them to fit to my satisfactory.

I agree with this

Let me ask this question: I think I read somewhere that the OEM door panels bolt or clip on the door? I refuse to drill any holes I'm my doors. Can they be held on by 3M double sided adhesive tape? Or correct me if I'm totally wrong on this.

Let me ask this question: I think I read somewhere that the OEM door panels bolt or clip on the door? I refuse to drill any holes I'm my doors. Can they be held on by 3M double sided adhesive tape? Or correct me if I'm totally wrong on this.

As posted already, the OEM door caps do have plastic clips and an aluminum bolt that goes through the door, but it also has 3M tape along the top and side edges. You can remove the plastic clips and bolt and just use the provided 3M tape. I did this and it hasn't moved or come loose in about a year now.

Thanks for the input on this.

Well, I can't be wishy washy anymore. I pulled the trigger on the 02+ OEM skirts & door panels for my 1991. $1949 for all four pieces and $2013 for all four pieces shipped. I searched online and got several different prices from online vendors then called my local Acura dealer and told them if they could match or come close to the online price that I would keep my business local. They were $150 off on each skirt and $100 on each door panel for a difference of about $500 total. So I ordered them online.

Now my next question: the parts guy at the dealer said all four pieces are on backorder. Does anyone know if this is true? Are the parts in the states or do these come directly from Japan? I ordered the skirts for a 2004 NSX, anything 02+ should work correct?

This has been by far the hardest decision for me on this car. I like the looks of the lower vents ALOT on the WW & Stacy's but I won't tolerate poor quality, poor fit, sag, and a non-OEM appearance. When this car is complete later this spring, I want it to exude OEM quality. So in the end, I would have liked a vented skirt but fitment & quality won out.

I guess that is why I ordered the 02+ OEM rear valance last fall as well. Fitment & quality.

Last edited:
My OEM 02+ skirts and door panels arrived today. They were the most expensive way to go but I can probably bank on the fact that fitment will be easier and save a few $$ on not having to modify and fit any of the aftermarket skirts.

So.... Got my 02+ OEM skirts, got my OEM 02+ rear valance last fall, Advans 17/18's with new rubber mounted this week, ordering all the parts needed tomorrow for the TB/WP maintenance as well as other maintenance parts. Once parts are in, car is going to the dealer for the maintenance then straight to the body shop for the 02+ skirts/valance to be mounted and some minor touch-up and then I will be good to go! Can't wait......

Back