soon to be nsx ower

looking to buy this nsx locally. vin jh4na1156mt002308. 120k mi's. i checked carfax and it hasnt been registered since 2008 and is clean with no accident reports. anything i should look for when checking it out in person??

All I can say is when you go looking for an NSX you want to see Records, more records and more records from prior owners - if the owner of this car doesn't have them - my advice is be prepared to spend a lot of money fixing the car up! You need to factor in on any 120k mile car without records at least 7k worth of things. Primary - get a Pre Purchase Inspection by a qualified NSX guy. Don't know where this one is located or who has it but don't be fooled by a low price - that can and will almost positively come back to bite you in the rear!

You need to be more specific about this particular car for more specific guidance. :wink:

Tim is right. If any doubts about the care and maintenance are in your head ask and make sure there is proof. Better to let a doubtful NSX go then buy it and turn around and have a bunch of suprises. Carfax doesn't tell everything. Its just a basis to look at.

had to walk away from this one. here are a few things i noticed just from looking at the car.

-center console plastic pieces are trashed
-vents on door panels are broken
-need new dash, pieces of it were chewed off, supposedly from a mouse that got in the car.
-both windows roll up and down really slow
-missing vin tag on driver side
-missing spare tire
-missing screws and nuts at various places of the vehicle
-something going on with the e-brake, it has to be pulled up very high. needs adjustment or the pads are low
-right rear wheel bearing, right rear tire. its like a slick and the rest are like new
-cheapo paint work, whoever did the work didn't bother to sand the rock chips smooth and can be seen underneath the new paint. looks dimpled like.
-over spray on the edge of the fender lining from the paint work. lots of orange peel and paint is very swirly. probably never had a professional detail.

The poor body work was what made me walk from this one. I can deal with replacing parts but didn't want to have to stare at poor body work every-time I looked at the car.

This is just a heads up for other buyers looking at the car!!

Last edited:
Well now you know, right - rather an anticipated end to this story. You spend up front or you spend after the purchase there is really no good way to cheap out on an NSX purchase - not saying you can't get lucky - I've seen some pretty good deals here but they don't last long and they are fairly obviously a good deal! This one was anything but.

Good luck with your search - save your money for the right one is my 2 cents worth!

Where are you located and what is the price range you are looking at? I am selling my two NSXs. One is a red/black 91 and the other one is white/red 92.

looking to buy this nsx locally. vin jh4na1156mt002308. 120k mi's. i checked carfax and it hasnt been registered since 2008 and is clean with no accident reports. anything i should look for when checking it out in person??

Back