Soon to be new owner

dx3

Contributing Member
Guys,

I just bought this NSX and wanted to formally introduce myself. I sold my Supercharged Lexus GS400 and have been looking for something fun ever since. I had been considering a Supra but I think the MKIV are over-priced.

I live in Tulsa, OK.

About my new purchase. Below are some pictures. I am buying it from a gentleman in Round Rock, TX. Anyone know anything about it? It has 86k, black on black, manual, comptech headers/exhaust. I have been burned once before buying out of state. Hoping no-one knows anything bad about this one!

Here are a couple of pictures

82d1_12Medium.jpg

462e_12Medium.jpg

63ff_12Medium.jpg

5442_12Medium.jpg

Glad to be here. Look forward to learning more about the car.

Regards,
Jonny

Last edited:
Congrats on the purchase! Another Tulsa NSX driver. I think your town is above average on the NSX quota. You should enjoy the company down there.

Keep her in between the lines.
Shaun

Congratulations, and welcome aboard. The mods look nice.:smile:

Thank you guys for the warm welcome :smile: Now the hard job is not spending anymore money on this thing!! The wife is already giving me funny looks everytime she see's me in the classifieds section :tongue:

Regards,
Jonny

Good choice on car and color. WEveryone knows that balck NSX's are the fastest!

Well guys,

After a 9-hour drive I finally got her home. Needs a new VSS and climate control - but apart from that just a coat of wax and we are good to go.

Car sounds awesome with the Comptech H/E. Now it is time to start modding :tongue:

Jonny

Jonny,

BrianK can definitely take car of your climate control. I had the same problem when I purchased my NSX 3 years ago. Brian turned the item around very quickly and I have had zero problems since. Great service and value. Highly recommended.

Biggest issue - you get to learn how to remove the center console to remove the unit. (I bet 50% of NSX owners know how to do this).

Again, welcome to the club!

Shaun

Congrays on the new ride! Th3e climate control issue is nothing out of the ordinary, so don't worry about it. Car looks good... :cool:

Biggest issue - you get to learn how to remove the center console to remove the unit. (I bet 50% of NSX owners know how to do this).

Shaun

If you do a search, there is a step-by-step tutorial on here somewhere (with pictures). Honestly, if you follow that, youcan't screw it up. I had never wrenched on my NSX before, and using the tutorial, had the console out in like 10 mins with no problems...

Jonny,

BrianK can definitely take car of your climate control. I had the same problem when I purchased my NSX 3 years ago. Brian turned the item around very quickly and I have had zero problems since. Great service and value. Highly recommended.

Again, welcome to the club!

Shaun

Shaun,

I have ordered one from Brian K and hope to receive it for this weekend :biggrin: Thank you...

Congrays on the new ride! Th3e climate control issue is nothing out of the ordinary, so don't worry about it. Car looks good... :cool:

If you do a search, there is a step-by-step tutorial on here somewhere (with pictures). Honestly, if you follow that, youcan't screw it up. I had never wrenched on my NSX before, and using the tutorial, had the console out in like 10 mins with no problems...

I got the link from Brian - thank you. Unfortunately I have the carbon fiber overlay around my center console so I am going to need to pull that off. Hopefully won't damage it and will be able to 3M it back on.

Now I just need a VSS. I can pay $155 and have it here in 3 days or else pay $115 and have it here in 10 days....:confused: Not sure what to do...

Finally have my body guy coming over on Saturday to buff out some hazes and light scratches on the car. Then I will break out the Meguiars and go to town on it! Fun-filled Saturday!

Jonny

schwarz...

I am buying it from a gentleman in Round Rock, TX. Anyone know anything about it?
Congratz' on the acquisition! :cool:

I reside in Round Rock and I have never seen this NSX. Also, I know most if not all the NSX owners in the Greater Austin area... this one must've been low-key, so to speak!

Re: schwarz...

Hey Jonny!

Congrats on the purchase, and good to see you one here!

Mike

Is this the infamous SF.com Mike by chance? :tongue:

Congratz' on the acquisition! :cool:

I reside in Round Rock and I have never seen this NSX. Also, I know most if not all the NSX owners in the Greater Austin area... this one must've been low-key, so to speak!

Hi - the gentleman who owned the vehicle was from San Antonio and moved to Round Rock to take care of his mother. I don't think he had driven it much since he moved there...

Jonny

Re: schwarz...

Is this the infamous SF.com Mike by chance? :tongue:
Jonny

Speaking of infamous - is this the same DX3 - Johnny from CL, that use to have that clean GS?

Cheers,

Revhard191

johnny, sup man...it's fireball from clublexus. I see you are making the nsx jump. Thats great man. I know you had a nice 400 for a while man. Did you find it hard to sell for a decent price. I have mine up for sale now with all mods still on it.
N E WAY good luck with the nsx. It's a blast

Bryan

Speaking of infamous - is this the same DX3 - Johnny from CL, that use to have that clean GS?

Cheers,

Revhard191

My boys from CL :biggrin: Looks like we are all going to the darkside! Yes, it is I!

johnny, sup man...it's fireball from clublexus. I see you are making the nsx jump. Thats great man. I know you had a nice 400 for a while man. Did you find it hard to sell for a decent price. I have mine up for sale now with all mods still on it.
N E WAY good luck with the nsx. It's a blast Bryan

Yeah man, I ended up parting out the whole car and putting it back to stock. Real PITA but I got about $7000 more for it that way than I could have by selling it modified :eek:

Revhard - hurry up and join the NSX owners club. It's fun here :tongue:

Peace,
Jonny

Last edited:
My boys from CL :biggrin: Looks like we are all going to the darkside! Yes, it is I!

Revhard - hurry up and join the NSX owners club. It's fun here :tongue:

Peace,
Jonny

Johnny, it's good to see you on the Dark Side...hahaaha I actually have mine in a way, I am just waiting on the guy to find all of the paper work for it and we are in no big hurry, it is basically sitting in the garage as it always has. It is a 1993 white on black NSX with 75K on the feet. It actually is a friend of a friend who has the car and once he saw my Lex on air, he was totally blown away and told me I have his word that it is mine. :biggrin: I almost had another one, but the gentleman got offered a little more then I was looking to spend, plus I had to fly out to the mid east to buy, but this deal is better then the previous one. I hope to have it here in the stable really soon!

Great to see you on here and I was pretty blow away when I saw the Avitar and your DX3....Well congrats on the NSX, you will find it is one unique car to own.

all I have to do now is find a way to move some things out of my garage to make way for the new toy. The Ducati will have to move out of the garage as well as my Go Kart....hehehee

Rock on Brotha! Keep in touch and I'll post some pics as soon as it is in my garage!

Cheers,

Revhard191

Back