• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Son from iasports

I have been waiting a long time for this forum to become active so that I could post my experience with Son from iasports.

I purchased a set of used wheels from him posted in the following thread:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33766&highlight=cv-pro

He indicated that the wheels only had minor curb rash but were all straight and true.

I bought them for the purchase price plus shipping.

When the wheels arrived, it was very clear that two of them were bent. And there was MAJOR not minor curb rash.

see attached photos.

I took the wheels to Ye Ole Wheel shop in Maryland. They are a very reputable company and actually this is where many east coast wheel repair shops send their difficult jobs.

I discovered that actually three wheels were bent and it cost me nearly $500 to get them repaired. The "minor" curb rash was so bad that they had to weld in new metal to make the repair.

Before I had the work done, I called Son. He asked me to send him the invoice from the shop and indicated that he would send me a refund. In fact he was very polite and apologized. I told him that I appreciated his response.

After I sent him the invoice, he stopped returning my calls and would not answer any pms. Every time I called the shop, I was told he was not there or that he was unavailable.

When I was able to reach him by calling from a different phone, he indicated that he would send the money, but was having difficulty with his paypal account. He gave some lame excuse as to why he could not send a check by mail. Months went by and nothing happened.

He also claimed that he would send the hubcentric rings that were supposed to come with the wheels. I never got them although he said he sent them by DHL. He would never provide me with a tracking number to indicate that they were sent out.

I received the following pms in response to why he could not send the payment he promised:

"nathan,

this is the first time this has ever happen to my account with paypal and because of it there was alot of funds in the account that i do not have access too. i know this sounds like a broken record and im sorry about that.

in regards to the rings i would need to pull up my dhl account and check with them. i know i used the same address i shipped the wheels too nathan. i will check w/ dhl and pm you back.

IA Sports " Innovation Autosports " Race Designs "

"Nathan,

Sorry I have not returned your message the past week I've been in and out of the office. My account is still on hold with Paypal and I'm sorry Nathan but there is nothing I can do about that I can not even log into my Paypal account because of the situation.

IA Sports " Innovation Autosports " Race Designs "

This went on for a while and then I just was never able to reach him again.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 141
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 130
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 125
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG