• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Some's dumping new CTSCs

sjs

Legendary Member
Another CTSC on ebay, this one new and he claims to have at least one more. He even says that anything over $5k will include headers and exhaust. Now that's cheap. I'd bet that someone not yet aware of the BBSC will bid it up above that, but if anyone wants to "settle" for the CTSC might get a steal. Heck, I'd be tempted at $5K just to get headers and exhaust then dump the blower kit. Hmmm... Nah, too much trouble.

Is this a sign?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1848553291

He also has an SC for your V8 Tundra beater.

Originally posted by bayareansx1999:
dam, too bad its not for the 3.2 97+ model..

Ditto on that! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
On the other hand how good of a deal is this. This Ebay seller has not sold a thing before, at least that's what his/her profiles shows. Kind of makes me wonder.

SJS

I'm in STL and want to have a nsxer get together, would you be interest in it. You have mail.

Originally posted by NMYMIRR:
Ditto on that! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
On the other hand how good of a deal is this. This Ebay seller has not sold a thing before, at least that's what his/her profiles shows. Kind of makes me wonder.

He/she/they have also changed their Identity,
hence the sunglasses. So if you are interested,take the necessary steps with Ebay
to find out who you are dealing with.
I would get their phone number and call.
I would also stress COD instead of the postal
money order he can cash and dash.
JAO
Len

This auction smells really, really funny.

Ask yourself this: Why would someone liquidate a new-in-the-box CTSC so cheap? If it was truly new-in-the-box, they could just return it to Comptech and get a refund!

Combine that with a brand new eBay member that had zero feedback, no pictures of the actual item they are auctioning (the photos on there are from the Comptech catalog / website), the fact that this person wants way under market value for the CTSC and other parts, the fact that the seller stipulates payment must be by postal money order only (i.e. no escrow service and no way to trace the person cashing the money order) and I would suggest extreme caution.

P.S. sjs - There are people aware of the BBSC who are still buying brand new CTSC units, and legitimate used CTSCs (i.e. not being parted out of a car which had an engine fire with parts missing) are typically going for $5500-$6000. Not every solution suits every owner.

Lud,

All points well taken. I wasn't really the least interested in it myself but certainly would have done a lot more research and exercised caution if I were. Too many scams out here. I was just passing along the link to those who might want to do the leg work.

I also didn't mean to suggest that no one would pick the CTSC over the BBSC, even though that's the way it sounded. I just figure most people on these forums interested in one are probably in a holding pattern to see how the BBSC looks with a bit more development. By the time it is optioned up to a price close to that of the CTSC it will probably the clear winner in every way except long-term reputation. But even then there will likely be CTSC sales because as you said, not every solution suits every owner. I’m just really enjoying the whole thing.

Originally posted by bayareansx1999:
dam, too bad its not for the 3.2 97+ model..

Mechanically, a CTSC for a 3.0 will fit a 3.2, the vacuum hose plumbing is a bit different. I sold the CTSC off of my 95 to a member on this forum for his 2000 (?) NSX. Only after confirming with the experts that everything will work, did we conclude the transaction.

I *think* the interchangeability of the CTSC depends more on OBD-1 vs OBD-2 NSXs, not if the engine is a 3.0 vs 3.2. OBD-2 began in 95.

Notice the the special buy 6lb unit is no longer listed. Something must have been a little fishy!

------------------
Gary Yates
1995 Red/Tan

The auction has now been removed. What a shocker.

Also, someone on the NSX list repoted that he e-mailed the seller (who, big surprise, had a hotmail.com address) asking to come see it and/or pick it up locally instead of shipping and, big surprise again, he never got a reply.

Just another eBay bargain!!

i would not trust spending that much $ on ebay unless the guy is local to me and i get to see the goods, or atleast have over 500+ positive feedbacks.
smile.gif

I know everyone is on the NSX list - just would hate to see someone get burned waiting for digest mode or missing an email.

-------

I too was looking seriously at this and now am convinced it was a
scam. We agreed on a VERY LOW price and I asked him for his phone number so
we could talk. He was reluctant to give me his phone number and said that
he checks his email every 15 minutes. He also insisted on a cashier's check
only.

So I sent him a legal bill of sale for him to fill out and sign and told him
I would need his address (no PO Box) and phone number so I could verify his
identity, have a location for pick up, or FedEx the check and have him sign
for it.

The silence has been defining. I wrote him back and asked him why his
auction was pulled. Nothing.

His auction was pulled by E-bay and not cancelled on his part. This is very
suspect.

Here was the description:

Brand New and Complete with All Hardware included for direct installation.
Everything is Brand New, Never taken from Box nor used! For 91-94 Acura NSX
3.0 Litre Coupes. Comptech Supercharger packages are 50 state legal and all
components have been tested to ensure factory reliability and that they fit
properly in the NSX's engine compartment. Linear power/torque increase,
by-pass system used to cut supercharger boost at cruise and idle, efficient
supercharger design does not necessitate the use of an intercooler,
supercharger kit comes mostly assembled with Comptech manufactured manifold
and all parts required to make it a bolt-on installation.

Here was the link before E-bay killed it themselves: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1848553291&rd=

Here is the seller's Email: [email protected]

Here is the seller's Ebay Account: STi Version 6

Buyer's beware. At this point I would have to do COD or pickup to make this
work. I seriously doubt I will hear back from him.

Also auction fraud is on the rise, some say. Con artists getting more
clever, vigilantes more frustrated.
http://www.msnbc.com/news/784132.asp?pne=msn&cp1=1

Nick Matteucci

91 Acura NSX with many mods
99 Odyssey EX with many kids

Back