Somerville Cruise

I will be heading down to the Somerville NJ Cruise this Friday if anyone had planned to go. It is a weekly gathering on the street that runs in front of the court house and brings out over 100 cars every friday. If you have never been it is definately one to check out as it is run by the borough and the cars park right along the steet versus in some random parking lot.

Last edited:
I work in Somerville, 7 years...Ive yet to go:redface: Any good cars there?

I work in Somerville, 7 years...Ive yet to go:redface: Any good cars there?

That depends on what your taste in cars are. Since it is a long standing cruise night the vast majority of the cars are vintage classics but with 100 cars there is always something worth looking at. The presentation in the center of town is what makes it stand out versus your run of the mill parking lot cruise in. I have gone once a year for the past 5-6 years.

I'm planning to go this evening. If there's any plans to to meet ahead of time please share. Mike, to answer your question the Viper Club will apparently be there this evening. Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! We can stop somewhere and buy you a port. :-)

Robert

Robert has the right idea as getting there early will allow you to get street parking. However, cars stay on the steet until it gets dark. The show goes all the way from where they have speakers set up down to the court house building. This spans both sides of the road for 5 or 6 blocks. I will be getting there around 5:45 and parking infront of the courthouse. Just be aware that traffic moves slowly on that main road as people look at the cars while they drive. Some also cruise up and down showing off whatever they are driving. I hope to see some NSXs out tonight.

Back