some work done at David McDavid in Plano

I just had the timing belt/water pump/coolant, etc replaced (98 w/ 24K miles), and paid around $1500. If the local guys can let me know if I just got robbed, it'd be great so i know not to go back. It was my 1st maintanance work so I figured I'd get it done right at the dealership. Any tips are appreciated.

Allen

sounds about right. I just had my FULL 60k done there
I've been happy with the work I've had them do. No problems.
You should be good to go for another 60k or so.

hope this helps, good motoring.

AC

Goodson Acura usually is patronized by NSX'ers...

whatisreal7 said:
I just had the timing belt/water pump/coolant, etc replaced (98 w/ 24K miles), and paid around $1500.

That seems to be a fair price for the t/b, w/p, etc. Usually the 4yr/60k service runs $650-850 & the 6yr/90k service runs $1250-1450. Both involve changing of ALL fluids, inspection of major systems, valve adjustments (30k & 90k for '97+), etc. The former adds plugs & fuel filter/hoses being replaced while the latter service is the one w/ the t/b, w/p, belts, etc. {Coolant hoses should be changed I believe in the 6yr/90k service?}

Were anyother jobs done or parts/systems needing changing/reconditioning?

I have a '91 NSX 5spd. from the Dallas area, and the maint'/service records show both David McDavid & Goodson Acura for most of the work. Goodson Acura is heralded amongst the NSX community as they have serviced many NSX's in the past, sponsored NSTEXPO, NSXPO, and offer a very nice discount for parts. Susan Tableman use to be a service dept' liason between Goodson and NSXCA/NSXPrime while she worked there; but sadly she left a while back.

I just took mine to Vandergriff Acura in Arlington for a catalytic converter and O2 replacement. When I first took the car, they had to order the parts, no bid deal; when I picked up the car, it had so many handprints, a couple of scuffs in the rear spoiler and side panel, black marks on the passenger door speaker grille, and completely covered in grass clippings. Unfortunately I had to take it back to them to install the parts, and will pick up tomorrow. I talked to the manager and was assured that it wont happen again, :rolleyes: so we will see.

I had to pay $150 for a detail job and one of the scratches didnt come off. But since I left the dealer so upset, I didnt speak to the service manager the first time, I got to suck it up.

The moral is, if you are happy with the service, and the treatment you got, then its ok.

Back