some questions about new NSX

(I just realized that the title is misleading) some questions about old NSX 91 - 92

Hi all,

I've been yearning for an NSX for about 2 and a half years now.
What's sensible for my budget would be:
1. coupe 91 or 92
2. less than $22,000
3. For sure would be high mileage.
4. would love to have a yellow one, but black is also ok.

What I have now:
White Prelude 92 and Yellow 3000GT 95
Hopefully soon, an NSX.

So, my questions are:

1. I read in 1 of the thread that power steering shouldn't be a problem. but how about going in a very slow speed (a.k.a. parking)?

2. Honda engine is obviously reliable, but how about high mileage (140,000+)?
What usually breaks with such high mileage?

3. Can u guys share specifically about the handling experiences? How fast can u go while cornering wet and dry? How good is the stock tire? how's the suspensions? NSX handling sounds dreamy + my GT's handling sucksa$$.

4. How wide the aftermarket wheels can be? (assuming stock body & stock height)?

thanks for all the input guys

Last edited:
I posted this same question a few months ago when I was looking for an NSX. The response I got at the time was "good luck finding one in the low 20's." You can find them more readily in the mid to high 20's starting out.

I'm a brand new owner of a black '93, and I can give you a few things I found... $22K might be wishful thinking. The NSX is still awfully rare, and most are very well taken care of.

I must say that the manual steering caught me by surprise. It took a little getting used to. The main problem I have had is with backing into a parking space. I just couldn't get the backward turn radius down, and did a lot of pulling forward and trying again.

Handling is fantastic. As far as speed on corners, I guess that's up to your driving skills and nerves. I've taken highway entrances labeled at 35 mph at 65-70 and the car wasn't loose at all. The car is a little slow off the line, but at 5000 to 9000 rpm, the car will absolutely run.

I have owned 3 Preludes, 2 Accords, and now a Pilot, and this is by far the best engine Honda has ever produced (IMO). I have almost 60K miles, and the engine doesn't miss a beat or drip the first drop of oil.

super thanks for the info 93BlkOnBlkNSX.

Well the answer is a bit discouraging but, oh well... I got both of my cars at a surprising price. It took me 1 1/2 years to get the prelude, and 6 months to get the 3000GT. I'll be patience, lurkin around forums, online traders, etc... I'm confident sooner or later i'll get one.

Once again thanks all for the info.

Back