Some info on discounted Acura parts in Southern California

Someone tried to break into my NSX last week. They didn't get in but they did manage to tear the rubber molding in the top rear corner of driver's side glass. As you all know this rubber moulding on Targa type cars is one continuous piece and list price is $1093.83. Delray Acura out of Florida gives 25% off so this price nets down to $820.37 (plus shipping). For some reason I thought that South Coast Acura gave us the same discount but I was surprised to find out when I called that they would only discount 10%. When I called Acura of Escondido and told them that I could buy the part less 25% they immediately agreed to match the price. Hoehn Acura in Carlsbad also has agreed to give any NSX owner a 25% discount on parts. Ask for Felipe in Escondido or Marv in Carlsbad. If this has already been covered I'm sorry for wasting everyone's time but I thought this might be helpful if anyone else is forced to buy an expensive factory part in the near future. :smile:

Yes, Alan, thank you for the heads-up. Bummer about your NSX, though. Who is going to install the rubber?

Well.....there's the kicker for you Patty. I bought it at the Acura dealership in Escondido and wanted them to do the install. I thought I could probably do it myself but I didn't want to be responsible for this $ THOUSAND DOLLAR HUNK OF RUBBER. After the part came in I went around the corner to service and they told me to take it to a glass shop. The dealership in Carlsbad told me the same thing. At their suggestion I took it to Safelite and they told me "no way" were they going to do it. I ended up taking it to MAACO and their technician installed it for considerably less than the insurance estimate quote that Penske Automotive/Collision gave me......who BTW included 1.2 hours for "roof removal". The new rubber looks great and is making a tight seal. Seems to be better than the original. :biggrin:

Well.....there's the kicker for you Patty. I bought it at the Acura dealership in Escondido and wanted them to do the install. I thought I could probably do it myself but I didn't want to be responsible for this $ THOUSAND DOLLAR HUNK OF RUBBER. After the part came in I went around the corner to service and they told me to take it to a glass shop. The dealership in Carlsbad told me the same thing. At their suggestion I took it to Safelite and they told me "no way" were they going to do it. I ended up taking it to MAACO and their technician installed it for considerably less than the insurance estimate quote that Penske Automotive/Collision gave me......who BTW included 1.2 hours for "roof removal". The new rubber looks great and is making a tight seal. Seems to be better than the original. :biggrin:

^I'm glad it worked out well, in the end. Tom R. had his replaced too and has a long story about it.

Not in So Cal but I often use the below site to order parts for my 91 NSX and 04 TL. Always cheaper than local dealer even with shipping.

http://www.oemacuraparts.com/index.php?p=home
i was thinking the same. tim (used to be hondacuraworld) has been around for a long time and he always has good prices. not to mention they are out of state so you don't have to pay tax. been wondering if there is a cheaper place but seems like they are still one of the cheapest

i was thinking the same. tim (used to be hondacuraworld) has been around for a long time and he always has good prices. not to mention they are out of state so you don't have to pay tax. been wondering if there is a cheaper place but seems like they are still one of the cheapest

On the part I was ordering shipping vs tax was a wash and I got the part the very next day at my local dealership. Both of the parts managers here had the attitude that they would rather make a little on the part than make nothing and said they would welcome additional business from anyone on NSX Prime:wink:. I'm thinking that sometimes all it takes is having the nerve to ask......so if you go into your local Acura parts department and give them the choice of matching the 25% discount that is readily available they will probably cave. It's worth asking.:wink:

Back