Some fraudulent ads on Autotrader.com right now

Very frustrating as it seems some of these ads seem like they're meant to try and bring down the market.

Two recent ones had some priced at $19k..... I called the so called seller of one of them today as it was a local dealer. It instantly went to a voicemail recording saying they are currently closed as they're dealing with a hack.

There was another one on there from a private owner a 35k mile silver 91 for only $37,000.... I would have drove up there in a minute (400 miles away) and bought it, but of course, you can't seem to get ahold of the seller ...no phone number and the generic email has yet to be responded to.

Autotrader seems to have zero quality control when it comes to these false ads they get hit with from time to time:mad:

Most likely fraud

I actually got an email reply from the "owner" of the 1991 silver NSX. I wouldnt waste my time...He sounded like a complete scam...bottom line is he says he "lives abroad", the car is in Canada for some strange reason, and he wants you to wire him the money via a shady consignment website (with a fake address to top it off) before he sends you the car. I checked the VIN number JH4NA1153MT003190 and the car was apparently was sold here on NSX prime in 2016 for 72K (and he now wants 37K???) It just doesnt add up. He didnt give his full name or phone number either.

I actually got an email reply from the "owner" of the 1991 silver NSX. I wouldnt waste my time...He sounded like a complete scam...bottom line is he says he "lives abroad", the car is in Canada for some strange reason, and he wants you to wire him the money via a shady consignment website (with a fake address to top it off) before he sends you the car. I checked the VIN number JH4NA1153MT003190 and the car was apparently was sold here on NSX prime in 2016 for 72K (and he now wants 37K???) It just doesnt add up. He didnt give his full name or phone number either.

Haha...yeah I did too

Asked him for more pics and info ...he sent me some pics and some BS

Says it's his dead dads car first buyer fell through blah blah blah...cars in a wherehouse in Canada and will ship for free and he's using a dealer to secure the deal.

I said ok send me the dealers info

Hahaha

Why even bother inquiring about such cars. We all know they are fake, and posting about it only wastes server space. If anyone wires money to one of these scammers, they deserve to part with their money.

I invited a Nigerian prince to my wedding...

I invited a Nigerian prince to my wedding...

And I went......... (6/14/2003)

i-HW9tCjk-X3.jpg

Let this be a reminder for all to get agreed value insurance.

Do they do this without ridiculous mileage limits? I tried 5 different companies and in the end just out it on my regular insurance. They wanted to limit me to 500-2000 miles of use each year and only using for car activities. They all said I couldn't use it to go to the golf course, grocery store, work, or anything that wasn't a car event or leisure drive. I have driven it 7k miles in 9months of ownership. I would love agreed value insurance but not at the cost of limiting my enjoyment of this amazing vehicle.

I have agreed value policy with westfield...

Back