Some buying advice on a 91 NSX

I am considering purchasing an NSX from a member in the for sale section. The price 28k for a 91 with 83k miles. I only talked him down a little but the car is in great shape.

I left a 2k deposit to be fair but I wanted to get people's opinion in general.

I found a list of things that were not described in any of his listings. i.e. large stain on seat, rattle, some vinyl coming off, etc.

Would it be fair that I expect that he fix all of these things or lower the price so that I can fix them without incurring more cost to me?

I think it's fair to expect that the car be in great shape with no issues at that price. The sale is pending a mechanical inspection. The seller is a great guy and I hope for a smooth transaction. Let me know what some of you think...

lithiumus said:
Would it be fair that I expect that he fix all of these things or lower the price so that I can fix them without incurring more cost to me?
He is not obligated to do so; it's negotiable between you and the seller.

lithiumus said:
I think it's fair to expect that the car be in great shape with no issues at that price.
I don't. On a car with above-average miles, and a price that reflects the mileage, I think it's reasonable to expect some minor things to require attention. And the items you mention are indeed minor.

Just MHO

It seems like a nice car, however not seeing it for myself, I'm not to opiniate too much. For what's it's worth: everybody has a unique buying experience. every car is truely different. With that said you can find your car after looking at the first one or you can find it looking at the 20th one, etc. My point is to not compromise on you idea of a car you want. Remember, it's an investment of sorts and every investment carries some risk.

Just to let you know, I looked seriously for about 3 years. drove many cars, some good some not so good. I almost bought one that would need some little attention, but balked at it because I felt it was a compromise.

I just bought my NSX a few days ago. I am extremly happy with the car in every way. I'll just drive it for now, no attention needed for this one.

Remember, buy with your head, not your heart.

Regards,

Skyguy

Click on link below:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36735

Attachments

• nsx small.jpg
    nsx small.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 211
Back