Sold my NSX....

Well guys she is sold off.....not a fire sale or economic reason thankfully. Just time to move on. Thanks to all whom have answered questions and provided tons of great information on this forum. I do have some parts for sale in the for sale section that did not need to go with the car so check it out. Once again thanks to all on this great forum!

Scott.

Hey Scott! We'll miss you. And your gorgeous LBBP with that cool Tubi exhaust music. I hope you sold it locally so that it stays here in Michigan... Best regards, and please stay in touch.

Hey Scott,

I'm a new member to the site and I was getting ready to post a question to the group in general about NSX ownership when I notieced your post on selling yours. I wonder if you would mind telling me why you're selling? I'm thinking of buying and you're selling? I'd like to know from an owner what they think of the NSX. I'm also considering other cars as well like the 996 TT. It seems as though the price is similar for a 2002 or 2001 TT as the NSX, which actually puzzles me a bit. I've been a Porsche enthusiast for a long time, I've had 3 911s, started with an SC, then an 87 turbo look, then a 96 993 coupe - all air cooled and I liked them all but the 87 was slow and for that matter in todays sports cars the SC would be slow too but not the 993. Actually it seems that the 993 is about as fast as the 97 model and newer ones at around 5.2, 0 to 60.

What is it about the NSX that fires you up. Have you had 911s before? Do you have any reference for a comparison between NSX and Porsches 911 of the modern era, where the hp is comparible. The 996 TT is obviously faster, has All wheel drive, and handles great. I've read some posts by the Top Gear bunch on TV and they weren't all that flattering about the handling characteristics of the NSX - do you have any comment that you'd like to share.

Lastly do you have a feel for the cost of ownership for your NSX? How long did you own it? Did you have to replace anything - brakes, rotors, master cylinder or clutch or timing belt/water pump? Did you have any problems with a fuel pump or oxygen sensors or catalytic converters?

I'm trying to get a feel for it all but mainly what the maintenance is as in one vs the other. 911s are expensive to maintain in some instances but like so many things it "depends" on how much and how hard you drive them.

Thanks in advance and I hope you find what you're looking for after the sale of your NSX.
Tim
Atlanta

Ok here goes....Neal, car is in Ohio (not too far!) Synth: yes...they are for sale except for the ones that were too much of a PITA to take off (chassis bars, DF intake scoop and the rear diffuser went with car).
OSU Grad...I just picked up a CPO '06 997 Carrera S.

Tbromley: First of all the NSX body to me and most here is pure sex...just beautiful and IMO much more exotic than most cars on the road. For my 2 year ownership experience I have had not one single problem at all. The car is as solid and runs as well as the day it shipped new I am sure and whomever ends up with it next will have a wonderful car. Cost of ownership was the $5k less I got for it than what I bought it for (and a set of rear tires and oil changes).

My driving impression of the 997 so far besides the immediatley noticable power difference is that I feel more relaxed driving the 997 than in the NSX...I cannot really put my finger on it, but my drive home for both cars was a bit over 200 miles and I needed a friggin valium half way through the Chicago traffic coming home in the NSX and that was not the case in the 997 which came from Cleveland. I was leaning towards a 996tt myself and found that the maintenance costs asssociated were more than I cared to deal with
(only based on things I read, no real life experience) sooooo C2S for me! There is a lot more going on in the 997's interior but the NSX is a very comfortable cruiser without a lot of the items that potentially could cause problems electrical wise.

I would recommend the NSX to anyone as my ownership experience was totally positive plus the attention you get....may as well be driving the space shuttle down the hi-way. That and the great folks here that are more than willing to help out in any way they can. I had no "reason" to sell other than I am good for about 2 years or so per car and it was time...either that or start soaking turbo $$$ into the NSX which I just decided not to do.

Scott

Life is good! Change is good! I agree with both of you guys. I have had a great '97 Porsche C4S for 8 years and I've loved it. It's a great car. But I'm selling it and I'll move into an NSX just for the sake of experiencing another great sports car. There are so many fine vehicles out there to enjoy. I'll probably keep an NSX for five years or so and make another fun purchase. Heck, I even seriously considered a beautiful red twin turbo 2001 Lotus Esprit, but after going through Esprit forums and NSX forums i decided that I didn't need the maintenance headaches. I've passed on a couple of beautiful women for the same reason...

Sold my Blue '99 NSX a few year ago...did the 996TT, M3, SL55 experience and finally bought another NSX. Funny how life works...

Re: Sold my NSX.... your answer to moving back after a TT

This post is really to NSXAMG996TT,

I am really interested to hear what it was that put you back into an NSX. You say you just got out of a 996TT, which oddly enough I was actually thinking of when deciding to go to the NSX. I would love to know how your travails led you back to NSX after driving what some would call "better" or faster cars that out perform the NSX, like the TT? That would make a great story in itself. I would have posted you privately but I see that you do not accept those emails.

I hope you read this posting spot again. Your reply would be just what I'd like to hear about in answer to my questions.

Thanks and maybe you'll one day decide to let folks email you directly.

I surely am hoping you'll respond

Back