So many scams! Here's the latest one:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...8&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=265

Reply from "owner":

Hi,

I'm glad that you're interested in my car and it's priced so low as I am interested in a fast sale due some familly health issues. The car is in good condition, has no technical damages at all, no scratches or dents,no hidden defects. The car has been looked after very well - washed and cleaned every two weeks. It has a clear title signed and all you have to do is to put your name on it. I like to mention that I am now located with my work in Florida and I have the car here with me. I work in the US Army and I don't have time to sell my car. I can deliver the car to your shipping address and I will agree to let you test it and inspect it for a few days just to be sure. I am going to use a shipping company for delivering it and I will pay the shipping and insurance fees. I want to use this company because I have a very busy schedule and travel allot so there is no time.
It should take about 3-4 days for you to get the car. The car is already in their possession and they are only waiting for my instructions to begin shipment.
They offer third party services. This way both of us will have the required assurance that the deal will take place well. I understand that dealing through a third party company means a neutral company that verifies if the vehicle corresponds to what me and you agreed and release the funds to me only after you will receive, drive, test and confirm that you want to keep the car.
They allow 5 days inspection period after the car will be delivered to you. The shipping company's agent told me that the first step is for you to send me your full name, shipping address and phone #. Then you will receive a complete list with instructions.
I'm waiting for your reply as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Michael Brown

I wrote him back and told him "good luck with the scam". To my surprise he replied right away and asked "what should I change to make it more believable".

Amazing!

Would have been fun if you had kept him on the hook for just a little longer.

Still, if they keep things up long enough, they will eventually claim another victim and that's what angers me most :mad: :mad:

I wrote him back and told him "good luck with the scam". To my surprise he replied right away and asked "what should I change to make it more believable".

Amazing!

* You should have written back and said that you've turn the matter over to the police.

Here's what he wrote me:
Hi,

I'm glad that you're interested in my car. The car is in good condition, has no technical damages at all, no scratches or dents,no hidden defects. The car has been looked after very well - washed and cleaned every two weeks. It has a clear title signed and all you have to do is to put your name on it. I like to mention that I am now located with my work in Florida and I have the car here with me. I work in the US Army and I don't have time to sell my car. I can deliver the car to your shipping address and I will agree to let you test it and inspect it for a few days just to be sure. I am going to use a shipping company for delivering it and I will pay the shipping and insurance fees. I want to use this company because I have a very busy schedule and travel allot so there is no time.
It should take about 3-4 days for you to get the car. The car is already in their possession and they are only waiting for my instructions to begin shipment.
They offer third party services. This way both of us will have the required assurance that the deal will take place well. I understand that dealing through a third party company means a neutral company that verifies if the vehicle corresponds to what me and you agreed and release the funds to me only after you will receive, drive, test and confirm that you want to keep the car.
They allow 5 days inspection period after the car will be delivered to you. The shipping company's agent told me that the first step is for you to send me your full name, shipping address and phone #. Then you will receive a complete list with instructions.
I'm waiting for your reply as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Michael Brown

But check this out:
http://nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=886978

I actually had Ken Sax look at the actual car in chicago last fall. Mr. Brown claims it was never in Chicago and that he's the original owner. The carfax I did on it last fall never showed a Michael Brown as the owner.

I looked at it when it was at the dealer as well.

Interesting!

======
1st:
2004 Acura NSX
$14,000
WHOAAAAA
====
2nd:
000 Acura NSX T Coupe
$20,100
(btw this nsx has been on ebay for a while .. amazing)
====
3rd:
2000 Acura NSX T Coupe
$21,200
(yeah right)
====
4th
2005 Acura NSX Targa
$21,220
HHAHHA
==
5th
2003 Acura NSX
$14,876
it hurtsssss
===
6th
2000 Acura NSX T Coupe
$42,900
I believe this is the legit one ... this guys have been trying to sell this nsx various times ...

Oscar
==

Back