So I'm coming to Portland for a business meeting...

I'll be in town late wednesday the 21st, and leaving that sunday. I know I'll have 1 day to myself, the others might be tied up with business conventions.

I've never been to Portland. Anyone wanna show me around, or at least give me some ideas on how to make the best use of my time?

I would but I am booked solid for that day. Sorry here are some things you can do.

NW area - now called the Pearl district. Good food, shops, and if you like cigars (Riches cigar shop) and beer there is that as well.

Downtown - Nice safe downtown with great transportation on MAX light rail to take you about anywhere.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will get them anwsered. I also use citysearch.com for trips to see what is going on.

Went to school in Portland...lived there for a bit too. Love that town. If I could make as much money down there as I am up here in Seattle, I'd probably move back.

Let us know what it is you're looking for. (BTW, there's strip clubs on every corner...and they show it all)
(Not that I'm into that)
(really)

just wanna experience Portland. I'll be in town next Thursday around 10:30 their PST. I'm staing at the Governor Hotel. Don't know how I'm getting around yet. I need some good local places to eat (an Olive Garden is an Olive Garden, if you know what I mean), maybe do some shopping, and load up my digital camera with pics (i.e., ocean, cliffs, parks, etc.)

Well, you'll have to head 84-East into the Gorge. Makes sure you get to the "Vista House" on the old Columbia highway. Just ask for directions, you'll get there...and see some amazing views. You can then drive down to Multnomah falls....enjoy a nice easy hike to the top, but don't fall in.
If you exit at Corbett (I think..been awhile..btw this is heading I-84 East) and head up the hill, then go east at the top, you'll head right to the Vista House. You can also head right and shoot up to Larch Mountain for some spectacular views of Mt. Hood. Might as well do it while your there...but plan on spending a few hours if you do.

Back