So I drag raced an IndyCar today... (pics inside!)

and guess who won? Indy Honda V8 versus NSX Honda V6!!! :eek: :eek:
IMG_0021.jpg

:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
Nah just kidding! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I was on my way home from OfficeDepot today when I noticed an Indy car parked in the lot of my local Wing House (like Hooters... sorry no waitress photos). They were promoting the 2007 Honda Grand Prix of St.Petersburg, FL street circuit race coming up in March (a long way off!).

As I drove in the IRL representatives asked me to park next to the IRL car.
IMG_0008.jpg

Everyone there was full of questions... about the NSX!

People came out of the restaurant to look at... the NSX!!
IMG_0013.jpg

One of the reps even asked if I could stick around for a while since they seemed to be getting more attention with the cars side by side. :rolleyes: I chatted for a while with everyone - there were at least 10 people in GP polo shirts - and answered questions about NSXs in general.
IMG_0014.jpg

Luckily my trip to Office Depot included the purchase of a digital camera and a memory card so I was able to take these photos!!! :wink:

Boy the NSX sure looks like a monster (never thought I'd say that) next to the IRL car... :cool:
IMG_0010.jpg

Notice how the Indy car has a decal "Street racing is legal!" LOL

I had a good time! ...and good food!!! :tongue:

P.S. Here's a link to my photo gallery from the 2006 Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg (I met with Danica!): Click Here For The Gallery!

Last edited:
CL65 Captain said:
Are those the Kite rear spats and diffuser on the stock 2000 rear end? Looks good almost like the 02 valence.

Yes I have the Kite kit on my OE 2000 rear valence. The Kite kit was very well made, if a little on the snug side. I only had to make minor modifications for it to fit. I like the "diffuser" look of the Kite's center section as opposed to the straight bar on the OE '02 valence.

Wow, for the first time the NSX dwarfs another car! Sharp looking car and great pics.

Oh and I see you got your gas cap fixed :wink: :biggrin:

DV8 said:
Wow, for the first time the NSX dwarfs another car! Sharp looking car and great pics.

Oh and I see you got your gas cap fixed :wink: :biggrin:

LOL, after all the years of the NSX being the "shrimp", finally it looks all grown up!!! I'm so proud!

BTW, the gas cap was never "broken"... heh heh. I just had it "off" so that the body shop could use it to paint match when they were painting the spoiler and spats.

Motegi said:
BTW, the gas cap was never "broken"... heh heh. I just had it "off" so that the body shop could use it to paint match when they were painting the spoiler and spats.
As opposed to sending the whole car? :wink: :biggrin:

The rear end turned out great (on your NSX :wink:)! Definitely unique. So tell us, did you really go there for the wings? :biggrin:

DV8 said:
As opposed to sending the whole car? :wink: :biggrin:

The rear end turned out great (on your NSX :wink:)! Definitely unique. So tell us, did you really go there for the wings? :biggrin:

Thanks for the compliments!!!

First, the shop that did the paint was not in the greatest neighborhood so it probably wouldn't have been too safe to leave it there for days on end. :frown: They've done paint on my other cars before that have turned out pretty well so I decided to go with them to paint my NSX parts.

Second this was all done just before NSXPO and I was doing additional work on the car and needed to have the "rest" of the car to work on while the body pieces were being painted. :rolleyes:

Believe it or not the only reason that I stopped at WH was because of the Indy car parked in front. As I said I was out running other errands at the time and just happened to see the Indy car parked next to the road. I swear! :biggrin:

Whatwasthat said:
Which winghouse were you at? I hang out at wing house a lot. Once I saw a black NSX at the Ulmerton WH. I saw the guy and tried to talk to him, but he was busy on the phone.

This was the Wing House on US19 in, I beleive, Pinellas Park across the street from the Honda Dealer. I'd only been to Wing House once before several years ago.

Oh, when I first saw this post I was at work and the pics didnt show.. I know exactly where thats at. I'm disappointed at myself for missing out on this, as my old roommate is the manager of WingHouse and I live kind of near that Winghouse.

Finally a car with a lower roof line than the NSX...:biggrin:

Nice pics, glad you were able to get your hands on a camera on such quick notice!

CelicaGT said:
Nice pics, glad you were able to get your hands on a camera on such quick notice!

I literally had just bought a digital camera minutes before I saw the Indycar. The camera was not intended to be mine since I already have more cameras than I have use for... oh well. Thank goodness the camera was able to use regular AA batteries.

Last edited:
Whatwasthat said:
Oh, when I first saw this post I was at work and the pics didnt show.. I know exactly where thats at. I'm disappointed at myself for missing out on this, as my old roommate is the manager of WingHouse and I live kind of near that Winghouse.

So... hmmm... what you're saying is that our next Tampa NSX meet will be at Wing House...

Back