SO i decided to buy an NSX, finding one thats decent is hard

Hey all, another buyer for an NSX here.

can someone tell me why there are sooooo many salvage NSX's? are these like the ferrari where the slightest accident causes from frame damage and totals out the car?

Nope. The reason that there are so many salvage NSXs is that they are usually not worth buying, especially if they have not been fixed. So they sit around for months unsold, and for that reason occupy a disproportionate number of the listings at any point in time.

There are many NSXs around that are in good shape. But they typically sell quickly, and don't sit around for months unsold.

It may also be a function of the price range you're looking in. If you're looking for a $20K NSX in good shape, well, good luck with that.

Nope. The reason that there are so many salvage NSXs is that they are usually not worth buying, especially if they have not been fixed. So they sit around for months unsold, and for that reason occupy a disproportionate number of the listings at any point in time.

There are many NSXs around that are in good shape. But they typically sell quickly, and don't sit around for months unsold.

It may also be a function of the price range you're looking in. If you're looking for a $20K NSX in good shape, well, good luck with that.

Thank you for the reply, it makes sense.

I am looking between 30k and 40k

If you boost that price by 5k you are in a whole nuther world my friend and I would seriously consider doing just that and finding the newest one with the lowest miles and the most things taken care of by the prev. owner that you can - buy from an individual, and wait for it. There are some nice ones out there and they do come along. Seach Autotrader, Cars.com, Ebay, Craig's List the local papers and forget about dealers unless you just have no other choice and that is rarely the case! You could find an 02 or later for that! Be patient grass hopper it will come to you! :smile:

You should be able to find a nice '91-94 NSX Coupe for around $30K, and a nice '95-01 NSX-T for under $40K. Depending on mileage and condition, of course. Good luck.

Thank you for the reply, it makes sense.

If your range is 30-40 you should not even being looking at salvage cars as you can get a very nice car for that amount of money.

Have patience, padawan. You're in the right price range for a quality car, but it will take some time. It took me a while to find my car, but now that I'm entering my 10th year of ownership, I have no regrets. Don't even bother with the salvages, and for the ones you do find, if something's not right, move on.

I've had posted my NSX for sale for almost a year now and I haven't had any potential buyers. My NSX is an auto, descent and sharp looking. Mechanically and body is in excellent condition. I priced it right at mid 20s and it's not salvage. It's on craigslist Honolulu and theres only a couple for sale. I'm going to post it here again although I'm only looking for a local buyer. I'll consider all buyers if they wish to pay for shipping like I did when I bought it. I just think it's hard to get a 16 yr old car loan for that price. Anyways, I think there are many nice NSX out there at your price range. Take your time.

Back