So, can someone point out what I'm seeing?

Howdy, newbie here. Long time lurker, first time poster.

So what am I seeing when I look at NSX's. Some have a body colored C pillar and some have a black one. Could someone tell me what option/style/ect. coincides with this look.

Btw, I prefer the body colored C pillar. :p

How noticable is it on a black NSX if it is not the body colored model?

TIA for all help. I'd just like to say a big *THUMBS UP* to your forums here, seems everyone is very friendly and there is a wealth of knowledge for prospective NSXers.

I am not sure what you mean by the C pillar, but the early model years (91-94) have a black roof while the 95-04 NSX's have the body colored roofs.

There is more information here on the various changes throughout the years.

HTH

Sorry, I'm used to referring to C pillars in other cars but the NSX doesn't have one. So I'm not sure if its called the B or C pillar. At any rate here is a 1991

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=5337&item=2479928437&rd=1

Note its hideous bumble bee interior. So the pillar behind the seats after the window is what I'm referring to. Sometimes I see them colored and sometimes not. And this one is pre-1995. It this an aftermarket modification? :confused:

It seems with the black NSX's it does not stand out as much. If any black NSX owners would like to chime in on what the see in every day life that'd be great. Thanks again.

TucAZNSX offered the link that answers your question regarding black b-pillars (and roof) in the above reply.

Once again, here is the link.

Check under "Changes for 1994", second entry: "Keyed roof color to body color in late-year green cars (first 20(?) greens were with black roof)" and "Changes for 1995", third entry: "Roofs now all body colored".

If you see model year cars that, according to the FAQ, should have a black roof and b-pillar but are now body color, yes, it was painted at some point after the factory.

-Randy

Back