So. Cal. North Meeting. New chapter!!!!!

Hi everyone,

John Richards, Craig Kircher and Marc Weinberg have organized an impromptu meeting in Camarillo tomorrow evening, Thursday August 9th at 6:30 pm.(SORRY FOR LAST MINUTE NOTICE!!!) Besides ourself's we have a few NSX owners from the Santa Barbara area joining us and would like to extend an invitation to anyone else that falls in the category of (too far to drive to the Huntington meeting). There has been much talk of organizing another chapter of the NSXCA for the So. Cal. North and it is our intention to work with Alex V. to make this happen on a regular.... monthly, basis. With enough interest we will shift the meeting site to an area more intermediate to everyone (Ventura Blvd Corridor, Calabasas ~ Encino?), effectively accommodating anyone between Santa Monica and Santa Barbara. So please show your support by attending tomorrow.

Location / Directions: Marie Calendars Restaurant 185 Daily Drive, Camarillo.805-987-5580

101 North to Camarillo, Exit at Las Posas Rd, turn right to Daily Dr. turn right to restaurant.

Questions:
Craig Kircher, Cell 818-612-1902 email [email protected]

John Richards 805-650-0000
email [email protected]

Hey guys...this is an interesting turn of events...two potential meetings to attend in the L.A. area. I wonder if it is worth my time to try to get one going on the westside.

I did a little checking on the distances...turns out that NSX Modified is only 43.2 miles from where I work, whereas your meeting spot is 51.1 miles away! I don't know what the traffic is like heading up to Camarillo at that hour (I assume PCH would be faster than the 405-101), so your event may be easier for me to get to, but my workload will be preventing me from attending anything on a weeknight that isn't in the Santa Monica area.

Hope you have a good turnout.

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

I have received a few emails regarding the meeting local.

This meeting is only in Camarillo only tonight. We are hoping to schedule a monthly meeting in the Calabasas to Encino area so that it WILL be closer for all of us. This is why we're meeting, to discuss and organize. I am working with Alex V. so that we may meet the week after the Hunington meeting in order to use the content/guests from that meeting at ours. This way the two chapters stay aligned and nobody misses out on anything that is going on.

Getting to Calabasas or Encino from Santa Monica, Marina Del Rey, L.A. or the West Side on a weekday evening should only take ~30 minutes...same with driving from Camarillo. I believe the traffic coming this way will be considerably less than heading South on the 405.

Ilya, Marc Sthrul, Eric I, Calvin, Eric W, Sam A, we have all spoke of this so let's make it happen!
smile.gif

I am working with Alex V. so that we may meet the week after the Hunington meeting in order to use the content/guests from that meeting at ours.

That would be absolutely fantastic. I hope you can make this happen.

should only take ~30 minutes

When I have a break from my schedule, I'll have to test this theory. Unfortunately, I won't be able to tonight...as I mentioned above, too much work to do (I left the office close to 3am last night).

Hey, is anyone here planning on displaying their car at the Palos Verdes Concours d'Elegance? Did everyone get e-mail about it?

Hi John and Craig,
Good luck tonight in your first meeting up in the valley. Unfortunately I'll be working till seven tonight and won't be able to attend. I'm here in the San Gabriel Valley and was wondering which location would be closer and easier to get to on a weekday night. To me it looks like I'm right in between. If the meetings were in Encino that would probably be closer for me since it will be a straight shot on the 134 freeway.

Eric,
I plan to attend the Concours in Palos Verdes but I don't plan to display my car. I talked to Holly Light at Acura and she says there will be pre-70s vintage Ferraris and Lamborghinis there and I guess other antique cars. They will have a special display for NSXs. You will have to pick up your tickets there at the event but they're sending me more information about the event along with parking passes. Sounds like they will be having a VIP stand and some great food there. Hope to see you there.

------------------
'00 NSX-T, silverstone/blk, #252

[EDITED] because I said something not realizing the 30 minutes part referred to future meetings, not this one. My apologies.

Have fun at the meeting...

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 09 August 2001).]

Originally posted by Craig:
I have received a few emails regarding the meeting local.

This meeting is only in Camarillo tonight. We are hoping to schedule a monthly meeting in the CALABASAS to ENCINO area so that it WILL be closer for all of us. This is why we're meeting, to discuss and organize. I am working with Alex V. so that we may meet the week after the Hunington meeting in order to use the content/guests from that meeting at ours. This way the two chapters stay aligned and nobody misses out on anything that is going on.

Getting to Calabasas or Encino from Santa Monica, Marina Del Rey, L.A. or the West Side on a weekday evening should only take ~30 minutes...same with driving FROM Camarillo. I believe the traffic coming this way will be considerably less than heading South on the 405.

should only take ~30 minutes

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
51.1 miles in 30 minutes? During rush hour?
confused.gif

No flames intended. Have fun at the meeting... however long it takes to get there!

No, not 51.1 miles in 30 minutes. about 22 miles in 30 minutes....we're moving the meeting. 51.1 miles from Marina Del Rey to Camarillo.....~22 minutes from Marina Del Rey to Calabasas. Therefore, Calabasas is closer to Marina Del Rey than Camarillo is.
wink.gif

Watch out for that Marc Weinberg guy... he's one crazy Texan.

Seriously, you guys are lucky to have Marc moving into your backyard. The DallasNSX group is still mourning our loss. He's a great guy with a ton of knowledge about the NSX (and other things), and is always MORE than happy to help out a fellow owner.

He's also quite inventive... wait until you get to the track and get a chance to see his "bumper cam" system. :-)

EDR

Back