"Snap Ring" Range

Last year I looked at several 1991-92 NSX's & was able to obtain the "snap ring" number range from NSX Prime. I was told it is on the transmission housing. Could someone provide the range. All vehicles had been in minor(?) front end accidents so I did not consider purchase. Given the aluminum uni-body & increasing rarity of the vehicle, this appears to be a common & unforgiving problem. Would a 5-10 MPH front end accident trash such a vehicle & how risky/ resale de-valued would such a vehicle (1991-93) be? :confused:

It would be a "third/weekend" car, as I'm restoring a 1981 Porsche 911 SC Targa to sell/replace with NSX. :smile:

Any thoughts & advise welcome. Wish to purchase but don't want to make a huge mistake. Repairs/parts on NSX's are not for the faint hearted (even compared to vintage Porsche). :eek:

Thanks, Robert :biggrin:

[email protected]

Robert,
Start here: http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Main_Page

Many, if not all of your questions will be answered. If they aren't answered, then the search function in the red banner at the top of the site will.

Good luck with your NSX search. Give it time and you'll find the right car for you.

Last year I looked at several 1991-92 NSX's & was able to obtain the "snap ring" number range from NSX Prime. I was told it is on the transmission housing. Could someone provide the range.
Click here.

All vehicles had been in minor(?) front end accidents so I did not consider purchase. Given the aluminum uni-body & increasing rarity of the vehicle, this appears to be a common & unforgiving problem. Would a 5-10 MPH front end accident trash such a vehicle & how risky/ resale de-valued would such a vehicle (1991-93) be? :confused:
No, a 5-10 mph front-end accident would not trash an NSX. However, I recommend avoiding any NSX which has been in an accident and not repaired. It is almost certain that the owner knows the car is not worth fixing properly; otherwise he would be fixing it before selling it. He is counting on finding a prospective buyer who foolishly and mistakenly believes it can be fixed for less than the difference between the purchase price and its value when repaired. (If that were actually true, the current owner would have it fixed before selling it.)

Back