Skyline GTR Vspec II for sale in L.A.

Wow, I thought the asking price would be a lot higher due to the rarity.

Still, I'd rather have my NSX.

fangtl,
Altered atmosphere has one. They can get parts for you. I was condidering one but they said it could take several months to get some parts in.

Hmm....I'd rather take this than the overinflated dealer markup on the new Lancers.
smile.gif

Originally posted by FuryNSX:
Looks nice, but that was two generations ago.

Well, it's a classic much like the NSX. The R32 is what made the GTRs famous. When people mention how the GTRs whooped everyone's butt in N1 race, it's the R32s. I
d get one if I have an empty garage space left.
biggrin.gif

------------------
George W
Porsche 996 for sale!

I'm sure it has a wonderful performance envelope, and all that; but it just looks like, well, such a mundane 'grocery-getter'. To the uneducated eye (like mine), if I saw it on the street I'd take it for just another dull, uninteresting, cheaply-built Nissan. I mean let's face it: You can make almost anything fast if you don't mind hanging enough turbos on it. To me, I guess maximum exclusivity doesn't automatically translate into maximum desirability.

- Richard

- RR

[This message has been edited by rrwildman (edited 21 March 2003).]

Unfortunately, the R32 did not stand the test of time in terms of looks. The NSX, a 12 year old car, still turns heads.
smile.gif
I would love to own an R33 or R34 in the future though.

Originally posted by ak:
It's unbelievable that the same car can be had for around $10-15k in Japan...such as this.
http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e22008188
http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c32987788

Used GT-Rs are not so uncommon in Japan I guess.
Neither of those are V-Spec. A R32 V-Spec is rare unlike a R33/R34 V-Spec. (besides, the second one is ruined)

Add the cost to legalize one in US and the asking price for that E-bay car is a great deal.

------------------
- Sami
1992 Nissan Skyline GT-R

Originally posted by sami:

You obviously have not seen a R32 GT-R on the streets.
smile.gif

I live near Motorex and once saw an R32. At 1st I thought it was a 240SX with a body kit. Then I saw that the steering wheel was on the other side! Then I looked at the back and then realized it was a skyline.

Originally posted by sami:
Originally posted by Dan H:
Unfortunately, the R32 did not stand the test of time in terms of looks. The NSX, a 12 year old car, still turns heads.
smile.gif
I would love to own an R33 or R34 in the future though.
You obviously have not seen a R32 GT-R on the streets.
smile.gif

I've seen one at a car show, does that count?
smile.gif
Seen an R33 too but never an R34.
frown.gif

Originally posted by BostonNSX:
is it legal to have a right hand drive car?
Yes.

As far as looks go, it's a personal opinion. I can see why some think it looks like a Mustang (5.0) but in person it really doesn't.

The type of look the NSX has usually survives better than the aggressive style of a GT-R. Not to say the NSX doesn't show it years, it does as does the R32. To me the R33 is too round and doesn't have the aggressive look of a R32 and R34.

------------------
- Sami
1992 Nissan Skyline GT-R

Back