Skyline Destroyed

Interesting pics, but I find it hard to believe that the state would destroy a car instead of impounding it and auctioning it off. It looks like the car sustained prior damage, and was "recycled."

If you look closely at the top left picture (the one before the crane got involved), it appears that someone's head hit the windshield. The other side of the car is probably pretty messed up.

Originally posted by PHOEN$X:
Interesting pics, but I find it hard to believe that the state would destroy a car instead of impounding it and auctioning it off. It looks like the car sustained prior damage, and was "recycled."

something isn't right here, if the state of Arizona did this because of the driver that just sounds like a lawsuit.
even if the car was damaged the car still has good tail lights etc. so why not save them?
i belive this is a marketing scheme of some sort that is why the pictures are registered.
i'd like to know the sorce of the pics from the other site.

yeah, something isnt right here. if the driver did have that bad of a record , why not just take his driving previliges away. suspend his license or even revoke it. I agree about the lawsuit.

I have a friend in the car business and looking at the pics he said that Nissan owned the car. Cars like these are imported on a special research
waiver. When this expires (usually two years) the car must be exported or destroyed.

I found the Arizona story hard to believe.

Is that the skline owner in the back. He looks realy mad. He is always looking down at the ground. To bad for him he should learn how to keep himself controled in a car like that.

Originally posted by Midnight_Raven:
Is that the skline owner in the back. He looks realy mad. He is always looking down at the ground. To bad for him he should learn how to keep himself controled in a car like that.

i think we all agreed that isn't the case.

The same thing happens to at least a few models of any car imported into the US that the manufacturer does't want to bother shipping home later.. including NSXs. Aren't government regulations great?

[This message has been edited by NSX Prime (edited 13 December 2002).]

Woodwork told me once that an imported NSX had to be destroyed since it couldn't be sold and wasn't not worth shipping back to Japan. Said a forklift rammed both lifting rods into the side of the car, lifted it on to the crusher and flattened it like a pancake. Sad sight but regulations are regulations.

Originally posted by Vytas:
...he said that Nissan owned the car. Cars like these are imported on a special research waiver. When this expires (usually two years) the car must be exported or destroyed.

Originally posted by Lud:
The same thing happens to at least a few models of any car imported into the US that the manufacturer does't want to bother shipping home later.. including NSXs. Aren't government regulations great?

Vytas and Lud are right: the car is Nissan's, and is being crushed due to government regulations (which also stipulate that nothing can be taken away from the car).

Here is a copy of what was written in the AutoForum's link:

Originally posted in Automotive Forums:
got some new info. that's no someone car. It's nissan's car. It for testing.

There have been three Skylines in Phoenix because the Nissan proving grounds is here. I was at a local car show and one fellow who works for Nissan brought a yellow Skyline to show off. This model was single turbo in-line six with rear wheel drive only. He said that it is scheduled to be destroyed/crushed in July(There's your car). The V-spec and the other one were destroyed in a car crusher last year. They can only bring these cars over for testing for a limited time. It's cheaper to destroy the car than to send it back to Japan. They have to video tape it being destroy as proof to the DOT. Nothing can be taken off the car, no seats, emblems, tail light. The whole car and engine.

Regards.

Originally posted by Lud:

they would crush a NSX??? i suddenly feel sooooooooo depressed......... :~(

Originally posted by Vytas:
I have a friend in the car business and looking at the pics he said that Nissan owned the car.
Most likely. Nissan has test facilities in AZ. Besides, the car isn't even a GT-R, just a lowly GTS(-T).
wink.gif

------------------
- Sami
1992 Nissan Skyline GT-R

Originally posted by sami:

Most likely. Nissan has test facilities in AZ. Besides, the car isn't even a GT-R, just a lowly GTS(-T).
wink.gif

LOL You're right!
biggrin.gif
Its nothing to cry about. GTS's are only RWD and don't have as much power as the GTR versions. They're also less desirable. Kind of like a BMW 318 compared to an M3 if you know what I mean.

Back