Skeptical about eBay auction

hello,

I ran across an eBay auction yesterday, offering a used NSX (Im not sure what year now) for 8000 US dollars. I sent the seller a message and this was his reply:

Dear Sir,
I am glad you are interested in my car. I am a private seller and the owner of the vehicle.
My wife is devastated that we have to sell it but we have to pay too much money for register it here,so we decide to sell it. My company have relations in States and I worked there for 2 years. I has the oportunity to buy it from there and bring it with me when I come back. The car was buyed from US, so it is US standards,so stay cool it´s perfect compatibile to your standards and you will don´t have to pay more duty taxes on it. And this is an impediment for me to sell it here caus, first, we have a different standards and second will be very expensive for me to register it here.I have to pay an very expensive duty taxes.The price for this car is $8,000.00 USD. The car it is still register in States.
Here I send you more information about it.
First you have to know that it is 100% working and looking AMAZING, no flaws or dents, no scratches or any kind of damage, no flood or wrecked, no engine problems and the interior looks great. Just as you can see in the pictures.
What other info. would you like on it?
It will be shipped from United Kingdom and i will pay the shipping and insurance charges.
Shipping will be done via SAMSKIP Service.
The car will be insured at the shipping company for the transport.
The payment will be done via secure pay which means that the third party will keep the money until you receive and inspect the car.You have 10 days to inspect the car.I will wait for your email to let me know if you are interested in knowing more details about the purchase.

Best Regards.

------

I noticed that the auction had been canceled and I asked him about it and he replied that he was swamped with email and decided to stop the auction. I am really nervous about buying something from overseas, and buying an nsx so cheap; it seems like a scam but it also seems somewhat legitimate. Please let me know what you think....an nsx for 8000 dollars? that seems pretty outlandish to me! below are the pictures that went with the auction.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 339
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 317
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 331
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 332
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 326
That's JDMnsxR car. Scam! Run and fast! Basic rule of thumb: If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is.
image.php

Last edited:
That seller's grammar and spelling would turn me off, regardless of the advertised deal.

Don't be a fool. If you think that you can buy that car for that price, you deserve to lose money. These scammers exploit greed and ignorance.

falcon said:
hello,

I ran across an eBay auction yesterday, offering a used NSX (Im not sure what year now) for 8000 US dollars. I sent the seller a message and this was his reply:

Dear Sir,
I am glad you are interested in my car. I am a private seller and the owner of the vehicle.
My wife is devastated that we have to sell it but we have to pay too much money for register it here,so we decide to sell it. My company have relations in States and I worked there for 2 years. I has the oportunity to buy it from there and bring it with me when I come back. The car was buyed from US, so it is US standards,so stay cool it´s perfect compatibile to your standards and you will don´t have to pay more duty taxes on it. And this is an impediment for me to sell it here caus, first, we have a different standards and second will be very expensive for me to register it here.I have to pay an very expensive duty taxes.The price for this car is $8,000.00 USD. The car it is still register in States.
Here I send you more information about it.
First you have to know that it is 100% working and looking AMAZING, no flaws or dents, no scratches or any kind of damage, no flood or wrecked, no engine problems and the interior looks great. Just as you can see in the pictures.
What other info. would you like on it?
It will be shipped from United Kingdom and i will pay the shipping and insurance charges.
Shipping will be done via SAMSKIP Service.
The car will be insured at the shipping company for the transport.
The payment will be done via secure pay which means that the third party will keep the money until you receive and inspect the car.You have 10 days to inspect the car.I will wait for your email to let me know if you are interested in knowing more details about the purchase.

Best Regards.

------

I noticed that the auction had been canceled and I asked him about it and he replied that he was swamped with email and decided to stop the auction. I am really nervous about buying something from overseas, and buying an nsx so cheap; it seems like a scam but it also seems somewhat legitimate. Please let me know what you think....an nsx for 8000 dollars? that seems pretty outlandish to me! below are the pictures that went with the auction.

My only question is, why wouldnt the owner sell it on Prime first and not have to pay the ebay fee's, It would sell in a day on prime, and he would know this being a prime member, He could just have sold the engine and add-on's for more than $8000? it is for sure fraud :frown: the real owner of the car should contact ebay and get this guy banned :mad:

LOL. Ask the seller to take a picture of himself in front of the car. LOL. better yet..tell him to put a newspaper w/ today's date and take a pic of it. I bet a million he won't be able to do so since he doesn't own the car.

hahahah....yes, I noticed it a few days ago.....I PM'd JDMnsxR a few days ago too...I haven't heard from him, so I don't think he knows either....

LOL

I am pretty sure that car is in Vancouver, Canada.

United Kingdom? hahahaha...then why would that NSX be left hand drive?

"Hi, we are need to sell car. I make good deal of you should you want wire money to me. Send immediately $2000usd by wire. We send of you car and if you like car after it arrive you send rest of money. Car is of not what we say it is we refund you money and we pay return shipping"
---------------------------

That sums up 99% of all internet car scams. If no one has caught on that 3rd party overseas deals are obviously bogus, then go ahead and send them your deposit. Im sure that once they ship a car overseas to you and you dont like it, that they'll have no problem refunding you and paying to have the car returned to them. :rolleyes:

Where's JDM? If you see him tell him I want my car. I out bid the other guy to $8,500. Just sent my cash Fed Ex to the guy in Somalia. Can't wait to drive my new wide body.

Back