SJS

Hello SJS.
I just did a search, and read up on some of your previous posts. I see that you are in St. louis. I was born and raised here in St. Louis. Love the town, but I can count on one hand how many NSX's I have seen around here! It's great to know there is another NSX lover around here. I don't have an NSX as yet, and as a matter of fact I have not even driven one, or taken a ride in one. However, from what I've seen, I love everything about the car! It's the only car that makes my head turn around even while I'm driving! I am currently looking into my financial situation, and the feasability of purchasing a clean 91 or 92. The only place I had seen an NSX recently in St Louis, was at Dick Deans on Manchester in Kirkwood. However, when I went to take a look at it, they wouldn't let me test-drive it, unless I brought my fiancee about with me, so I wouldn't have an excuse to back out! Seeing as how my Fiancee attends SIUE, and is in classes almost around the clock, that wasn't happening any time soon! Anyways, I wanted to introduce myself, and get your thoughts on the NSX scene in St. Louis!
smile.gif

Hi!

Glad to hear from another NSX enthusiast in the area.

I understand you difficulty getting a test drive. There are so few for sale around here in the course of the year, and the dealers are often reluctant to allow test drives. Their mistake. I pulled up to a used S2000 in my NSX the other day and got out for a look. When a salesman showed up I asked for a quick test drive and was told that the big boss was the only one who could give the OK, and he was out. I asked the salesman to be sure and tell the boss that they had just lost any hope of selling me that car or any other.

Anyway, I'm always open to letting people drive my car a bit if that's what you're hinting at.
smile.gif
We could take it out to some decent roads and kick around the various pros & cons of different years and mods along the way.

Feel free to private me any time.

Originally posted by sjs:
Hi!

Glad to hear from another NSX enthusiast in the area.

I understand you difficulty getting a test drive. There are so few for sale around here in the course of the year, and the dealers are often reluctant to allow test drives. Their mistake. I pulled up to a used S2000 in my NSX the other day and got out for a look. When a salesman showed up I asked for a quick test drive and was told that the big boss was the only one who could give the OK, and he was out. I asked the salesman to be sure and tell the boss that they had just lost any hope of selling me that car or any other.

Yea, I really HATE when dealers act like that.But you are right, it's their loss!

Anyway, I'm always open to letting people drive my car a bit if that's what you're hinting at.
smile.gif

Wow! Acrually, I wasn't really hinting at driving it, maybe just letting me bring the Fiancee to see one in person, to attempt to generate a little excitement, but hey, I'd be a fool if I turned down such a generous offer! I would be a very happy man behind the wheel of an NSX! ( until I hand the keys back )

We could take it out to some decent roads and kick around the various pros & cons of different years and mods along the way.

Feel free to private me any time.

I appreciate the offer! Thanks again.

CW

Anyway, I'm always open to letting people drive my car a bit

sjs, I'm ready for a drive also! I am intent on purchasing an NSX when funds permit. The time is on my calender. One benefit I think I enjoy, is having probably the most knowledgeable NSX person in the St. Louis area to help me as far as advice when I am ready for my NSX purchase.

I'll never forget the first time I drove one. I was sold, hands down!

[This message has been edited by KGP (edited 31 October 2001).]

[This message has been edited by KGP (edited 31 October 2001).]

Originally posted by Andrie Hartanto:
hehehe, SJS, I guess I shoudl applaud the generosity. Or now u realize that u should not make the offer out in public forum?
wink.gif

People will start registering just to get to drive your car.

Perhaps I should restrict rides to paid members of NSXSC and get a little kickback.
biggrin.gif

Oh well, perhaps we'll get a few cars together, drive out by the vineyards, and take turns behind the wheel of the NSX. I'll draw the line at four or five drivers and one afternoon.

Back