Site seems to crash more than before. Is it just me?

RYU

Legendary Member
Tech Expert
I use chrome to access the site on my pc. I'd say about a 50/50 chance when writing a comment and then clicking on the Go to Advanced posting options the site will hang and i'll have to kill the session. I've actually gotten into the habit of copying my text onto the clipboard before submitting my post for fear it will crash/hang.

I've found that many problems of that nature are some sort of browser plug-in conflict. Try disabling any browser plug-ins and see if that makes a difference. Alternatively try a different browser. Unfortunately there isn't much else I can do about it as I don't write the software ;-)

I will say that I frequently start writing a quick reply and then hit "go advanced" and very rarely have it lock up, though I have seen it once or twice.

Hi Lud,

Actually I thought you had already addressed this because I have not experienced the problem in a while (a couple of wks?). I think it had something to do with how the banners were loading or possibly how other adware was loading. All is good now though.

Nevermind. It's back and with a vengence. I can repeat it consistently now... results in crashing my browser every time. I'm on Chrome.

Go into one of my Sent PM's. Try to click on 'Reply with Quote' to one of my sent PMs. As it tries to render the next webpage it just falls flat on it's face.

Hi,

i use chrome over XP and Win7 and everything works fine here...

Nuno

EDIT - LOL.... well... it crashed when i tried to edit the post just after it's submission.
So much for "works fine here" :tongue:

Last edited:
Back