Sirius or XM ???

I have XM and like it for what it has to offer. The music choices are basically the same between the two It all depends on which talk/sports show you like to listen to. I don't miss Howard Stern, as Opie and Anthony are pretty funny too, but I wish that XM had the NFL. I haven't listened to regular radio in five years now and I have XM at home, in both cars, and at my office via the computer.

Short of hoping to find someone who listens and pays for both(unlikely) just look at a spread sheet of thier special proprietary content since that is the real difference.The bulk of each is the same ie 60s 70s 80s music comedy /talk radio .Each should have thier content listed on line.

Last edited:
I like sirius more because they have howard stern, jamie foxx's foxxhole radio, and it has Shade45. Its a matter of exclusive channels really because they play the same music

I've never had Sirius so I can't speak about them. I do have XM and enjoy it very much. I only listen to a few channels though.:redface:
I won't EVER pay for Siruis as I don't want my $$ going to pay for Mr. Sterns either. Although I thought that Siruis had bought out XM anyway so if in fact that is true then I am paying his salary anyway.:frown:

I have Sirius. Most of my listening is on the NFL channel, even off-season. So, for me, the clear choice is Sirius.

If you're an MLB freak, you may want to go with XM.

In any case, like the above say, check the listings, and see which exclusive channels interest you the most.

I had XM for several years and loved it. I had to switch to Sirius as soon as Howard came on board though.:biggrin: I actually prefer the music channels on XM to Sirius for some reason (I usually listen to 90's - current alternative rock, as well as the 'old school' rap stations and punk, some bluegrass, jazz, singers/standards.....I guess just about everything)

When my wife got her 07 MDX it came with free XM for 3 months so I got to revisit the music stations I hadn't heard for a couple of years. I could go back and forth between the XM and her portable Sirius unit and I still feel the same way about the XM music programming being superior.

Still theres really no choice, get Sirius and listen to Howard:tongue: BaBaBooey!

I've also heard that Sirius bought out XM.

"sirius.... cause it's better"

I agree, i like the house music stations and Howard a lot better.....but the merger should create a nice mix....

I've got 3 Sirius receivers and get Sirius on Dish Network. I'm a NASCAR fan and love that channel. Also a big Jimmy Buffett fan with radio Margaritaville.

Neither, I like listening to local stations when I travel.:smile:

Heard on national news last night feds gave the OK for the XM buyout by Sirius. X billon dollars
I thought it was the other way round but merger is in the future regardless.
I've heard m3456y's system and it does cover NASCAR as well as a dedicated Margaritaville station for Buffett lovers which XM doesn't have yet. Sounds great.
I have XM in my cars and I like it.
They're both suposed to have no commercial music but XM does have commercials about not having any commercials. They are slowly sneaking in different program commercials as well. I'm sure soon no commercials will be a thing of the past but the payment request will always continue.

Cheers
nigel.

Back