Silver paint on the NSX?

Hi folks,

Does silver paint have a tendancy to wear faster than say white or black or red? Anyone have any experience about longevity of NSX silver paint?

Also is it the most difficult paint to match if you have an accident? Is it easy to blend or is it the most difficult to blend? Can a panel be spot painted for a scratch without having to paint the entire fender? Is this easier if the color is a solid color like white, black or red?

Is it really difficult to repair aluminum panels if they are dented regardless of color?

Thanks,
Tim

My 91 NSX is silver and it looks newer than my 2003 pathfinder which is also silver. As with anything it depends on how well you take care of it. I had a new wing painted to match the car and it looks great. I've seen people say that red is difficult though.
There are 2 silver colors and I can't speak for the other one but Sebring Silver is very metallic. I imagine blending it would be a bad idea (but i'm no paint expert).

Red by far has the worse fading problems of any Acura paint (mostly on the plastic bumpers)

There are 2 silver colors and I can't speak for the other one but Sebring Silver is very metallic. I imagine blending it would be a bad idea (but i'm no paint expert).

There are actually three. Sebring, Kaiser and Silverstone.

NSX paint does fairly well in any color, rock chips aside.

Hi folks,

Also is it the most difficult paint to match if you have an accident?

Is it really difficult to repair aluminum panels if they are dented regardless of color?

Thanks,
Tim

No, Spa/Rio Yellow and Imola Orange are probably the most difficult to match.

Yes, it's like trying to get a crease out of an aluminum can after the can has been semi-crushed.:eek: Try it.:biggrin:

Wish mine was Kaiser silver, love that color! It had a relatively short run didn't it? Fortunately most of the front and the lower half of the back is plastic, making it much cheaper to repair than an all fiberglass car in the event of a minor parking lot impact. Major aluminum damage is difficult to repair, I'd guess you'd just have to replace the body panel in question. Aluminum cant really be bent back into shape w/o compromising it's structural integrity.

Does silver paint have a tendancy to wear faster than say white or black or red?

No

Also is it the most difficult paint to match if you have an accident?

No

Is it easy to blend or is it the most difficult to blend?

Depends on level of expertise of the person doing it.

Can a panel be spot painted for a scratch without having to paint the entire fender?

The base color can be spotted in but the entire panel would need to be cleared so the answer would be No.

Is this easier if the color is a solid color like white, black or red?

No

Depends on level of expertise of the person doing it.

Back