Should I sell my 300zx for a X?

Hello,
I have a 1990 Red Nissan 300zxtt 5spd,t-tops, 95,000kms.
I'm considering selling the car as I don't have the time to modify or wrench on it. So I was thinking that I need a newer sports car that I can just get in a drive (hehehe and the ladies will notice too).
I care mostly about handling that is why I'm considering the nsx, and I also love the sexy looks of the nsx.
What is the maintence like to compare my current ride?

Thanks
Bubba

if you can afford to keep it why not keep it. Z are nice cars. but X is definitely what drivers wanted.

Bubba,

There's a red bar at the top of your screen, that looks like this:

navbar.gif

Click on "FAQ", which means Answers to Frequently Asked Questions. It will answer a lot of your questions.

When you ask about maintenance, I don't know if you're referring to preventive/scheduled maintenance or unexpected repairs. In the FAQ, you can click on Maintenance to find out about the cost and frequency of the former. Items in the latter are covered in the Troubleshooting area.

A well-maintained NSX is usually extremely reliable - much more so than the 300ZX - but when things go wrong, they can be expensive to fix. There are some things you can avoid by preventive measures, such as the window regulator clips breaking on the early cars.

Spend some time with the FAQ and you'll find the answers to your most obvious questions. You can also find out a lot by doing a search on these forums.

Oh, and to answer your original question:

"Should I sell my 300zx for a X?"

Yes.

Thanks for the reply NSXTASY,
I think that I'm sold I'm gonna keep the Z till next march (it will be hard to sell rite now due to winter nearing in).
Then I will look for a low km older NSX, preferrably with a targa top.

I could keep it but I dought I could justify owning it
Justify to who?? I just paid off my Integra and have absolutely no intentions on selling or trading it in every. I would be crazy to since it looks and drives like new. Besides, you never know when you might have the unfortunate luck of not having the 'X' for an extended period of time. Trust me on this one. ;)
IMO, keep the 300.

So far I've kept my 90 Z, I use it for a nice weather work car (i'm in sales so i drive alot) and for when i go out on the town and i'm not liking the idea of parking my nsx in a parking lot unattended (like the mall where it can get door dings). My z is an NA so as far as i'm concerned it's just a great reliable driver which is fun when i don't want to risk anything happening to the X. I vote to keep your Z and get the NSX, I'm happy with my Z and X just for different reasons. They are both great cars in their own right.

Bubba-Z said:

does anyone have any cool videos of any X's rippin it up?

you can check out a couple of video from the picture section. title sept 13 autoX.

one by akira3d and one by powered by honda.

300 zx tt

i had a 95 300z tt before i got my 98 nsx. i was sad to let her go but i have to say i have enjoyed driving the nsx to the fullest and don't think you will be disappointed!

Bubba-Z said:
Then I will look for a low km older NSX, preferrably with a targa top.
You know that the NSX-T (that's the one with the removable roof panel, it's not called a "targa") was only sold starting in '95, right? So the oldest NSXs, the ones from '91-94, are all coupes...

nsxtasy said:
You know that the NSX-T (that's the one with the removable roof panel, it's not called a "targa") was only sold starting in '95, right? So the oldest NSXs, the ones from '91-94, are all coupes...

Wow, I certainly thought that the "T" stood for Targa. Is this new info to anyone else or just a newbie like myself! :p

jmjrdh1 said:
Wow, I certainly thought that the "T" stood for Targa. Is this new info to anyone else or just a newbie like myself! :p

Not really new but folks who are not all familiar with the NSX wouldn't know that off the bat.

The term "targa" is patented by Porsche and can only be used by Porsche when marketing. They are very anal about other people using this term. A parts guy in NSXPrime even got a nasty letter from Porsche demanding that they not use the word "targa" in their website or else face legal consequences.

Hence, the NSX-"T". Of course it's not really fooling anyone, especially us NSX owners. Many others in here refer to the removable roof top version of NSX's as a targa. I say it. Just don't use it for publicity purposes.

Screw Porsche! :mad: ;)

Back